should i leave my bunny home? - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Rabbit Discussion All things floppy.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-24-2009, 08:55 AM Thread Starter
Newborn Pup

Question should i leave my bunny home?

Hi all! Okey I am going to my moms for xmas witch means noone will be at my house. my mom sai i can bring the bunny to her house with me, but i dont want to make the bunny uncomfortable, but i dont wann leave her at home alone cuz i just got her this week, wat should i do ?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-24-2009, 09:12 AM
Super Moderator

Hi.

I would leave her at home. It will be much more stressful for her to travel then it will be for her to spend a quiet Christmas at home. As long as you are only going for a day, she'll be fine staying home. Going to a new place full of new people and smells could be very stressful for her.

Happy holidays!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-24-2009, 09:50 AM Thread Starter
Newborn Pup

Ill be gone for two days , but i have an automatic feeder, and i guess she would be less stressed thank you so much , im sure she will be happy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-24-2009, 11:43 AM
is a little "special"

Do you have a neighbor or anyone to check on her? When I am gone, I pre-pack my rabbits and other pets salads, and leave instructions for whatever pet sitter is coming over.
If you leave her with 2 days worth of food, water, hay, and whatever else is in her diet right now, Im sure she will be fine. But its always a good idea to have someone check on her incase she runs out of something, or gets herself into trouble, and to leave your vets number just in case.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"For the animal shall not be measured by man. In a world older than ours they move finished and complete, gifted with extensions of the senses we have lost or never attained, living by voices we shall never hear.They are not brethen, they are not underlings; they are other nations caught with ourselves in the net of life and time, fellow prisoners of the splendor and travail of the earth."
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-28-2009, 04:51 AM
Newborn Pup

You should not travel with a bunny, it is very stressful and the bunny can go into GI Stasis.

Never leave a bunny home alone without someone to check on him/her. If you can not find someone who will check on him/her at least twice a day, refill hay, feed pellets, fill water BOWL (heavy stoneware dog bowl), and give fresh veggies... maybe you need to arrange boarding with a rabbit knowledgable Vet.

Never ever leave a bunny with a water bottle, the little ball can get stuck or clogged and bunny can be stuck without water.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-28-2009, 11:51 AM
Super Moderator

Well I assume the original poster already figured something out, since she said she was leaving for Christmas and it's already after Christmas.

I agree though, I never leave my bunnies home alone without having someone check in on them if I'm going to be gone for more than a day. I thought maybe LadyGaunja meant she was just going to her parent's for Christmas day - because in that case you can feed them in the morning and then again when you get home and they should be fine during the day.

They have water bottles that don't use those little balls too. Off topic I know, but I have two of them and they have never gotten clogged or anything That's the only type of water bottle I'll use now, and my bunnies have a bowl too.

post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-28-2009, 01:44 PM
I am allergic to maths

My guineas will only use a bowl to drink from, the breeder used a bowl so when I gave them a bottle they didnt know how to use it, they had chewed through it within an hour '_'
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-01-2010, 05:49 PM
Betta Bomb

Acacia doesnt know how to use bottles so she has a stainless steel bowl attached to the bars on the NIC panels but Akina sticks her paws in a water bowl and flicks water everywhere and makes a mess requring re-filling like every few hours!! So she has one of them water bottles which I clean with a baby brush. It has never gotten stuck either, I figure if you clean 'em and watch 'em they shouldnt have a problem getting stuck :~

Tags
bunnie, home