Should I be worried about Otto's new sores? - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Rabbit Discussion All things floppy.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-05-2007, 08:11 PM Thread Starter

Question Should I be worried about Otto's new sores?

Hi All -

Some of you may remember that my bunnies had babies in October last year - now the three little ones are almost all grown up(!) and one of them (the male...named Daisy) has already been neutered!

Last night when I was holding Otto (female(!)) I noticed that she had some fur missing and graze/scratch-type wounds on the back of her neck, close to her shoulder blades. They don't seem infected or very deep, but she was a little sensitive. I'm wondering how this might have happened? I haven't noticed any of the other buns being nasty - in fact, last night two of the others (mumma bun and brother Daisy) were grooming Otto. I haven't heard any squabbles and Otto doesn't seem afraid of any of the others (I have five bunnies in total; all live together) Also, she's not off her food and she's drinking OK.

Do you think it's possible one of the others hurt her? I don't think she could reach to do it to herself? And do you think I should take her to the vet? My thought at this stage is to just keep an eye on things and if infection seems likely, take her then?

Hmmmm...

Thanks for any thoughts!

Zoe
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-06-2007, 11:41 AM

I would definitely keep an eye on it. It probably was a sibling argument especially if they all aren't fixed. They are probably starting through puberty. You might want to keep her separate for a day or so to let it heal then watch them when you put her back in.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-06-2007, 08:20 PM Thread Starter

Hmmm - thanks. I don't want them to be arguing...but I suppose that's the most likely explanation. Good idea to keep Otto separate for a bit. I'll give it a go.