Sick Bunny - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Rabbit Discussion All things floppy.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-05-2005, 07:25 PM Thread Starter
Has Delusions of Safety

Sick Bunny

My little Speck is sick and needs all the good vibes his little bunny butt can get. I noticed last week that he was tilting his to the side. I called my vet and he was on his way in from vaction so he stoped by to see him. Before he got here I had given Speck a carrot, and he straightened up his head. So whent he vet got here he gave him a complete exam, and came up with nothing. Speck seemed totaly perfect. So we thought he just had a stiff neck or something from the way he and Paint lay. So then I noticed yesterday that he was doing it again. So I called and got him in today. (When Dr Leavens seen us and herd about Speck he kept appoligising, but there was no way to know, and it wouldnt have made a differance) Well the news aint good from that point on. First she thought it was one thing, (I cant remember the name of it) which was treatable, but she went back and did some more research and found out because he is a Dwarf that it is something different that causes it. In Dwarfs its caused by a parasite that goes straight to the brain. She gave him an exam and everything was fine so they dont know how he got it. But basicly it boils down to we have ABOUT a 50% chance of him getting better. She said that if he stabilizes as is he could live just fine, or if the antibiotics (enrofloxacin) works in the next week he will be fine. She gave me 2 weeks worth of anitbiotics, but is there is not sugnificant change in the 1st week there wont be any. But if he gets worse I have to think about putting him to sleep. She says she has seen it before where owners have had them put in feeding tubes, but that was just cruelty. (and I agree) I would never let my poor baby suffer like that. She said as long as the good days out number the bad then there is a chance but when that changes its time to decide what is best for him. We brought him home and went to give him his meds and he seems worse, his head is tilted even more. I am so worried about my little bunny
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-05-2005, 07:36 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

My thoughts and prayers will be with you and your bunny.

Stephanie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-07-2005, 10:39 AM
Adolescent Pup

I'm sorry to hear about Speck. I've never heard of anything like that, so it's hard to offer any advice really. Hope he gets better though.

I believe in a thing called love ~ just listen to the rhythm of my heart

Dusty

Chloe

Mildred + her 3 friends

Jellybean + Caesar
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-07-2005, 04:48 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

How is Speck? Sending him get well vibes!

Steph ~ Owned by 4 bunnies and 5 degus..

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble
attribute of man." Charles Darwin

post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-10-2005, 04:22 PM Thread Starter
Has Delusions of Safety

update on Speck. He is doing so much better. He is holding his head up straight, and is running around more. I am so happy my little bunny man seems to be making a full recovery!
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-10-2005, 04:38 PM
Fluffy Potatokisser

Oh how wonderful!! We'll keep sending those good vibes to him. Keep your head up Speck!

Chin Mom to Lila, Skye, Ty, Rolex, Calypso, Lizzie, Jax, Sam, Sage, Lorenzo, Spitfire, Holly, Dylan, Leia, Punky, Kylie, Skylar, Jetta, Oreo, Emma, Forest, Georgie, Alexis, Picador and all the kits!
Pittie Mom to Kali and Orion
Rattie Mom to Drake and Dumbo
Bunny Mom to Dutchie
Plain ole Mom to Zach, Brandon and Connor!
Come visit us at
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-10-2005, 07:46 PM
Paw-Talk Therapist

That's great to hear!

Owned by 26 chins, 7 cats, 2 dogs, and 7 aquariums

Come drop by!

post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-05-2008, 08:46 PM
Part of the Pack

thats really awesome!
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-05-2008, 08:53 PM
Super Moderator

This topic is from 2005

Closed Thread