sleeping with your rabbit :? - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Rabbit Discussion All things floppy.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-22-2011, 07:12 AM Thread Starter
Adolescent Pup

sleeping with your rabbit :?

I read an article somewhere about a woman who slept with her rabbit! I cannot imagine doing that at all, and i cannot imagine how the rabbit would stay on the bed all night etc!

Has any one tried this / know someone who has?

I think it's kind of funny that someone would try it :p i couldn't benji would be off the bed in seconds!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-22-2011, 04:42 PM
Resident Aquarium Nerd

I had a degu who used to take naps with me so anything's possible, I guess!

Most of my rabbits would probably jump off, like you said. But I'm actually confident that Fiona would stay...she loves beds and snuggling. Unfortunately for her, I can't trust her unsupervised (mostly because she tries to fight with Elvis).

~Stephanie

"We weep for a bird's cry, but not for a fish's blood. Blessed are those with a voice."

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-22-2011, 06:28 PM
Poooooppp!

I LOLed when I saw this topic because there's absolutely no way that I could ever sleep next to Speckle or Simon, they wouldn't stay... and they'd probably nip at me if I fell asleep next to them, my boss asked me once if I could sleep with my buns and I said "there's no way!".

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-23-2011, 06:13 AM Thread Starter
Adolescent Pup

i wish i could sleep with benji, but agreed no way! Just was curious if any one had a rabbit they could sleep with!

post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-23-2011, 12:53 PM
Betta Bomb

I used to have bunny sleepovers Akina would be active all night and then pee on the bed -_-' (her privelage ended early) and Acacia would chew box caves and flick her rattles and stay away from the bed but be up all night fooling around, I caught her once on the bed but when I spoke to her she disappeared (that's when she was more shy).

The only worry I have with napping with buns is the potentiality for trouble. One time a couple months ago, Acacia escaped her closet and chewed my hair straightener cord (not plugged in, but it did explode in my hand when I went the next morning). So make a triple check of the bunny proof in case they do jump off and have a spare litter box where they can get to easy and give it a try!!
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-23-2011, 03:19 PM
Super Moderator

I talked to someone once who let their bunny sleep in bed with them every night. But the rabbit wouldn't stay in the bed all night. They had rabbit proofed their bedroom so if bunny wanted to get up in the middle of the night and explore she wouldn't be able to get into any trouble. They did mention that the rabbit would poop on the bed once in awhile though even though she did have access to a littler box.

post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-23-2011, 04:51 PM
Poooooppp!

LOL @ Akina Peeing on the bed, that would so be my buns! this just isn't a good idea (in my opinion), I save myself the trouble and put them to bed in their condo :p

post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-15-2012, 02:16 AM
Friend to All Animals

the other day i slept with my rabbit... i laid a blanket out on the floor and got my body pillow and kept a fan on low over us all night (did not sleep on the bed 'cause i was afraid Archie (my senior lion head rabbit) would jump down and hurt one of his legs (he's arthritic))
i bunny-proofed my room the night before (it isn't really necessary for Archie because he's well behaved but i did anyway) and left his cage open (so he could choose to sleep in his cage and go potty in his litterbox if he needed, or to get up and get some food or water if he wanted)
Archie's cage is in my room anyway but he is not a very playful rabbit and he is actually fairly quiet and sleeps at night
as far as i seen, he did not poop or pee anywhere on the bed- but he did get up twice in the night (he hopped over my leg and woke me up) to go potty and get a drink, but he came back and cuddled with me and fell asleep...
i woke up in the morning and he was sitting there next to me

~ Proud mommy of rabbits, rodents, and a dog ~
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-22-2012, 05:20 PM
Hunny Bunny

I fell asleep while Binoo was having his floor time in a bun proof room and woke to him napping on my back. But I dont think itd be a good Idea sleeping with a rabbit all night. you my squish the poor thing or he/she may get into things that they shouldnt.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-27-2012, 12:38 PM
Playful Pup

rabbits don't sleep at night!!!!!