Smudge Birthday is Coming Soon! Need opinions... - Page 2 - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Rabbit Discussion All things floppy.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #16 of 46 (permalink) Old 08-07-2007, 06:35 PM
Super Moderator

Zeus is the same way - super pickey about his toys! He loves his flip n toss carrot though.

What does Smudge like to do? Diffrent rabbits like diffrent types of toys. Maybe if you could give him something to dig in like you said in another thread? He'd probably like that. I give Zeus pieces of fabric and he loves to try to dig on them and move them around. Have you ever tried stuffed animals? Zeus likes those too but they get holes in them a lot, so I just get him cheap ones. Some bunnies like those kong toys like they make for dogs. If you put a piece of carrot or some applesauce or something in it they play with it to try to get it out. Oh, and Zeus loves to climb so I make him things out of boxes - like tape boxes together and cut windows and stuff. They also make those cardboard bunny castles but you could make your own.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 46 (permalink) Old 08-07-2007, 09:48 PM Thread Starter
is a little "special"

He seems to enjoy digging and destroying stuff. His blankie is in his hutch, and sometimes he "fluffs" it up... sometimes I give him little straw mats and he destroys those... other wise he doesnt do much. He has a stuffed elephent too, but I dont want him to eat its stuffing so it isnt in his cage.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"For the animal shall not be measured by man. In a world older than ours they move finished and complete, gifted with extensions of the senses we have lost or never attained, living by voices we shall never hear.They are not brethen, they are not underlings; they are other nations caught with ourselves in the net of life and time, fellow prisoners of the splendor and travail of the earth."
post #18 of 46 (permalink) Old 08-09-2007, 02:44 PM
Salamander Burgermuffin

hoppity likes having hay in a paper bag, either a small one he can rip open, or a bigger one he can hide in, With the bigger ones, i roll down the top a little so it will stay open... hoppitys other favorite is a little box of business cards that david had, they were misprinted or something, he loves pulling them out of the box and pushing them around, you might be able to call a shop that makes bussiness cards and see if they could give you some that got messed up.

My Furry Family
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #19 of 46 (permalink) Old 08-09-2007, 03:29 PM Thread Starter
is a little "special"

Good ideas! Sometimes Smudge rips up paper... he has chewed up both me & my sisters homework! (I think I rewarded him for that, lol...) Im really sad, cuz my mom said I cant buy his mungo cage. So, Im gonna try to make him a C&C cage, but with carpet instead of coroplast. Ill spend his birthday $ on a cool toy Im praying he will like. Its destroyable...

"For the animal shall not be measured by man. In a world older than ours they move finished and complete, gifted with extensions of the senses we have lost or never attained, living by voices we shall never hear.They are not brethen, they are not underlings; they are other nations caught with ourselves in the net of life and time, fellow prisoners of the splendor and travail of the earth."
post #20 of 46 (permalink) Old 08-09-2007, 03:36 PM
RAT ADDICT

You can always give him a used phone book too.Rabbits love tearing the pages out!

* Lisa *

* To the world you are ONE person,but to a rat you are the world *

* It's a rat thing...you wouldn't understand! *
post #21 of 46 (permalink) Old 08-09-2007, 04:03 PM
Salamander Burgermuffin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jess View Post
Good ideas! Sometimes Smudge rips up paper... he has chewed up both me & my sisters homework! (I think I rewarded him for that, lol...) Im really sad, cuz my mom said I cant buy his mungo cage. So, Im gonna try to make him a C&C cage, but with carpet instead of coroplast. Ill spend his birthday $ on a cool toy Im praying he will like. Its destroyable...
Oh another one of hoppitys fav things, is if i make something by folding paper, like a box, or a flower or whatever.. so if you'd like doing something like that, i bet he'd love to destroy them for you you can find alot of easy directions online.

Make sure he doesn't nibble on the carpet.. it can cause blockages.. most people use coroplast or lamanet floor tiles so they can be easily cleaned too.

My Furry Family
post #22 of 46 (permalink) Old 08-09-2007, 05:31 PM
Adolescent Pup

Well, when my rabbit was alive (died happially of old age) He just loved exploring. We didn't have a cage for him, and he was also potty trained too. For some strange reason when i would watch something on Animal Planet he'd hop up on a couch and watch it with me. He enjoyed digging and ripping up this ugly carpet in our kitchen (this is when we lived in an apartment long ago) and he always did his digs and things. He also enjoyed chasing my parakeets around the house and licking their tails, and he'd always walk around with a parakeet on his back. I made a really big cardbox castle for him and he slept their for quite sometime. it had little toys hanging around and everywhere and he enjoyed it so much. Wow, I remember when Blue (parakeet) found Bubbles (rabbit) food and he started to eat it, and then Bubbles ate Blue's food. Hah. I believe I have some pictures of him, but when we moved they got lost in a box. But when we move again I'm sure we'll find em!

I have a feeling I'm not in Illinois anymore.

1 hamster
1 Bearded Dragon
R.I.P. Blue, Nikki, Nosey, Hurley, Roxie.
post #23 of 46 (permalink) Old 08-09-2007, 06:37 PM Thread Starter
is a little "special"

The CUTEST thing just happened!!! I was letting Sunny and Smudge run around, and twards the end they where both tired. So Smudge and sunny layed down under her cage (its on stilts) and Sunny went crazy GROOMING Smudge!! It was the cutest thing EVER!! Im really happy for Smudge cuz for once in his life when he lowered his head, he was acually groomed by someone other than me. Just had to share!

Angelnstuff- Dont worry, Smudge never eats carpet. He used to have some it his cage, and he never even tried. Im probably going to put some tile squares in it too, around his litter box and food bowl.

Animalgal- Smudge loves boxes too: once I made him a little cardboard box house and hed just sleep in it for hours... and hours... and hours... Oh, and this is off subjuct, but how can I get my sig pic bigger like yours? As you can see, its really tiny!

post #24 of 46 (permalink) Old 08-12-2007, 04:03 PM
Salamander Burgermuffin

I found these treats posted on the house rabbit society site..
Brenda's Homemade Bunny Biscuits

Remember, these are treats, so give them sparingly.

1 small carrot, pureed
1/2 banana, mashed until really creamy
1 tbsp honey
1/4 cup rabbit pellets, ground finely in a coffee grinder
1/4 cup ground oats, ground finely in a coffee grinder

Mix pureed carrot, banana and honey in a medium bowl. Add pellet powder and ground oats. Mix until blended. Knead in your hands for 1-2 minutes. Roll out the "dough" in 1/8- to 1/4-inch thick layers between sheets of plastic wrap. Cut into small cookies (about 3/4 inch across). Place cut shapes onto a parchment paper covered cookie sheet. Bake at 325 degrees for about 30 minutes (check to make sure they are not browning too much). Turn off the heat and let the cookies sit in the warm oven for an hour or so.

My Furry Family
post #25 of 46 (permalink) Old 08-12-2007, 04:07 PM Thread Starter
is a little "special"

Thanks! Ill make him those for his little "cake" type thing!
Oh, and I figured out how to make my sog pic bigger.

post #26 of 46 (permalink) Old 08-17-2007, 06:06 AM

Our bunnies really like toilet rolls stuffed with hay, and scrunched up newspaper. When we pile the newspaper up, they burrow through - like little explorers - or jump over the top. They also have fun rolling up towels, and pushing one of their litter trays around - this keeps them amused for some time, until they manage to push it over...

Hope you find Smudge a great toy!
post #27 of 46 (permalink) Old 08-18-2007, 12:17 PM Thread Starter
is a little "special"

I tried that for him and I hid a strawberry in it. At first he seemed interested, but got bored right away. I made Smudges C&C cage, but I used linolium flooring. Im on vacatoin now and hes being bunny sitted, so I gave it to him as an early present. Im still in the process tho of making a bigger, more complex one... Mwahaha!
Oh, and I think Ill have his party around Aug. 30th.

post #28 of 46 (permalink) Old 08-18-2007, 01:49 PM
Super Moderator

Are you celebrating his real birthday, like the one the breeder told you, or his adoption day??

I'm just wondering because I don't know what to do with Barnaby about his birthday. I know his real birthday because the people that had him before me got him from a breeder. But with Zeus I just celebrate his adoption day because no one knows his real birthday.

Maybe I'll just give him presents on both, lol

post #29 of 46 (permalink) Old 08-18-2007, 08:37 PM

Smudge and I have the same birthday!
post #30 of 46 (permalink) Old 08-20-2007, 12:23 PM Thread Starter
is a little "special"

Whisprlily- LOL! Smudges bday is 3 days after my friends bday.
Dragonrain- Sept. 6ht is his real bday. His adoption day is Oct 11 or 12 i think... Ive got to check to be sure tho.

Tags
animal planet, baby bunny, cardboard box, food bowl, guinea pig, house rabbit, house rabbit society, litter box, litter tray, pet supplies, potty train, potty trained, rabbit pellets, rabbit society, stuffed animal, stuffed animals