Smudge Birthday is Coming Soon! Need opinions... - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Rabbit Discussion All things floppy.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 46 (permalink) Old 08-04-2007, 06:55 PM Thread Starter
is a little "special"

Smile Smudge Birthday is Coming Soon! Need opinions...

Yay! Smudge is turning 4 on Sept. 6 and Im planning a party and a few of his buddies are coming. I had 2 questions...

What do you think of this as a gift? I want to get him a massive indoor cage!!! The one I have picked out is probably around 50" long, 20" wide, and close to 2' high. It come with a bunch of acsessories and its $85. I might buy him a toy or two also. Any other suggestions?

I need cake: A recipe edible for bunnies, and a recipe edible for guinea pigs. Any ideas? Ill probably make carrot cake for the people lol!

This will be SOO fun!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"For the animal shall not be measured by man. In a world older than ours they move finished and complete, gifted with extensions of the senses we have lost or never attained, living by voices we shall never hear.They are not brethen, they are not underlings; they are other nations caught with ourselves in the net of life and time, fellow prisoners of the splendor and travail of the earth."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 46 (permalink) Old 08-04-2007, 07:05 PM
Can't Stop Touching Her Eyes

That sounds really cute!
Where is the cage from? That sounds like a nice size. I don't know if I ever saw a premade one that large before.
I think the carrot cake for the people is perfect!

mommy to
Tyler - kitty
Oscar - water turtle
Bean - kitty
Frankie - dachshund
Belle - dachshund
Oliver - bunny
Ophelia - bunny
Penelope - bunny
Teddy - bunny -ok I have given up on 4 of a kind and am willing to settle for 2 pairs.
8 fishes - RIP Little Guy and Greta
and Tabatha - October 11, 2006 - rest in peace our sweet angel bunny
post #3 of 46 (permalink) Old 08-04-2007, 07:34 PM Thread Starter
is a little "special"

At Pet Supplies "Plus". They sell stuff pretty cheap there. Ive never seen a cage that big either! Thats why I want it!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"For the animal shall not be measured by man. In a world older than ours they move finished and complete, gifted with extensions of the senses we have lost or never attained, living by voices we shall never hear.They are not brethen, they are not underlings; they are other nations caught with ourselves in the net of life and time, fellow prisoners of the splendor and travail of the earth."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 46 (permalink) Old 08-04-2007, 08:39 PM
Adolescent Pup

Recipe one
1/2 carrot
1/4 bread
1/2 cup milk
Squash carrot then tear bread in to pieces.
After that add milk and mix all together!

Recipe two
2 roses (no thorns)
3 daisies
6 lavender (or similar)
12 camellias

I don't know if the ingrediants are safe, but I couldn't find a rabbit cake recipe. So I found those snacks and treats.

and this is a guinea pig burrito xD

1 leaf lettuce
1 stem sliced parsley
1 sliced carrot
1 tree sliced broccoli
Mix together the parsley, carrots, and lettuce. Then lay them in the
lettuce . Last roll up the lettuce. You can use a toothpick to hold the
lettuce together.

Once again I am not sure about any ingrediants or such. I just thought these were cool
Disclaimer: AnimalSnackables.com makes no representation or endorsement of the pet recipes offered below. They are posted here only as a courtesy to the many visitors requesting such recipes. Use them at your own risk. If you have any questions or concerns about the ingredients used, please consult with your veterinarian.

I hope Smudge has a wonderful birthday party. Tell him I said Happy Birthday, and thank each of his buddies for coming!

I have a feeling I'm not in Illinois anymore.

1 hamster
1 Bearded Dragon
R.I.P. Blue, Nikki, Nosey, Hurley, Roxie.
post #5 of 46 (permalink) Old 08-04-2007, 08:52 PM
Salamander Burgermuffin

instead of a cake for the buns maybe you could order one of those bunny salad baskets, that are filled with yummy hay mixtures with treats tucked in.

My Furry Family
post #6 of 46 (permalink) Old 08-04-2007, 10:03 PM
can't think of one, help

I don't think milk is good for bunnies, but the piggy burrito probably would be a good bunny burrito too, Is Smudge going to get a new outfit for the occassion also?
post #7 of 46 (permalink) Old 08-04-2007, 10:16 PM Thread Starter
is a little "special"

Probably not, because his present is so expensive. Maybe a hat tho!

post #8 of 46 (permalink) Old 08-05-2007, 08:52 AM
RAT ADDICT

Thats neat!
I give little parties to my rats for their birthdays.It is fun planning and preparing!

* Lisa *

* To the world you are ONE person,but to a rat you are the world *

* It's a rat thing...you wouldn't understand! *
post #9 of 46 (permalink) Old 08-05-2007, 01:32 PM
Super Moderator

That cage sounds awesome!

On Zeus' birthday I made a carrot cake too and just let Zeus have a very very tiny piece - I don't know if I ever mentioned this before but Zeus has some kind of cake obsession - lol. Whenever he smells it he freaks out.

I know you're not sapose to give buns junk food - but a birthday is a special occasion and a little bit doesn't hurt them.

post #10 of 46 (permalink) Old 08-05-2007, 05:46 PM
Adolescent Pup

As long is as tiny as heck, I believe it's fine. But be sure. i don't want Smudge getting hurt.

I have a feeling I'm not in Illinois anymore.

1 hamster
1 Bearded Dragon
R.I.P. Blue, Nikki, Nosey, Hurley, Roxie.
post #11 of 46 (permalink) Old 08-05-2007, 07:44 PM
Super Moderator

If you're interested - here is the recipe I used for the carrot cake that I made and gave to Zeus. It has less butter and suger and stuff then normal - but it was still good. I didn't put icing on the piece I gave Zeus.

For the carrot cake:

1/4 cup (1/2 stick) unsalted butter
1 egg
1 egg white
3/4 cup light brown sugar
3/4 cup grated carrots (more if you want)
1 cup all purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/3 cup drained, canned, crushed pineapple
1/4 cup raisins
nonstick cooking spray

For the cream cheese icing:
4 ounces cream cheese, low-fat, softened
1 cup confectioners' sugar
1/2 teaspoon lemon zest
1 1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract

For the carrot cake:
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F. Remove the butter and eggs from the refrigerator to allow them to come to room temperature.

2. Place the butter in a mixing bowl and beat at high speed with an electric mixer for 30 seconds. Gradually add the brown sugar and continue to beat until the mixture is very fluffy.

3. With the mixer on low speed, add the egg and egg white. Stir in the carrots.

4. Sift the flour, baking powder and salt together.

5. Fold in half the flour mixture. Stir in the pineapple, raisins. Fold in the rest of the flour mixture. The batter should be smooth, but do not overmix.

6. Coat a 10-inch round cake pan with nonstick spray. Pour the batter into the pan. Bake until the cake is golden brown and set in the center, about 35 minutes. Allow the cake to cool for 10 minutes before removing it from the pan.

For the cream cheese icing:
1. In a small mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese, confectioners' sugar, lemon zest, lemon juice and vanilla together until the mixture is smooth.

2. Using a spoon or spatula, spread the icing on top of the cooled cake. Store the cake in the refrigerator in an airtight container. Cut the cake into 12 pieces and allow it to come to room temperature before

post #12 of 46 (permalink) Old 08-06-2007, 10:26 AM Thread Starter
is a little "special"

Cool! Thanks everyone! Yesterday I set aside the money for his cage... $90!! Eeek! I think he knew something big was coming when he watched me empty out my piggie bank, so he was on his best behavior yesterday. He is also doing good on his new diet and acually enjoying some of it (the fruit/veggie part). Oh! one last thing: Smudge may be starting bunny agility! Thats part of his b-day present too and his first class is on august 15 i think! Ill take lots of pics!

post #13 of 46 (permalink) Old 08-06-2007, 12:39 PM
can't think of one, help

Smudge is turning into quite the little celebrity. A bunny wardrobe AND bunny olympics
post #14 of 46 (permalink) Old 08-06-2007, 01:06 PM Thread Starter
is a little "special"

LOL! Yes, I always new he had the potential to be a star! Maybe he work for Hollywood next?
post #15 of 46 (permalink) Old 08-07-2007, 04:19 PM Thread Starter
is a little "special"

What toys does everyones buns like? Smudge is VERY toy picky... He probably has a dozen toys and doesnt like ANY of them. I even bought him a Flip n toss carrot cause I thought for sure hed like that, but he hasnt even touched it. Hes been inside the last few days and seems very bored. I keep the top off his cage cuz its small and I want him to be able to stretch, and lately hes been hopping out and running around the house when Im not looking. LOL... I dont really care, but my mom hates having him inside and having bunny poo & pee all over wont make her any happier. I really need some toy ideas!

Tags
animal planet, baby bunny, cardboard box, food bowl, guinea pig, house rabbit, house rabbit society, litter box, litter tray, pet supplies, potty train, potty trained, rabbit pellets, rabbit society, stuffed animal, stuffed animals