Smudge gets fixed in a week! - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Rabbit Discussion All things floppy.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 48 (permalink) Old 06-04-2009, 05:48 PM Thread Starter
is a little "special"

Smudge gets fixed in a week!

... And his exam is tomarrow! Eek! Poor baby has to get X-rays and blood drawn, so it will probably be really scary for him. :[ Ill bring his favorite treats though, so hopefully it wont be TOO bad!
Im kinda nervouse about his surgery next week, but Im sure he'll be fine, and Im taking all the precautions. The only thing is, my last day of school is on the 11th, so I wont be there when my mom drops him off at 8:00, but school only goes untill 10:45 that day, so I will be there either when we pick him up or right after he gets home.
Does anyone have any advice they on how to make him comfortable when hes home, or anything I should do before the surgery?
Hes staying in my room, which is pretty quite, and I was just going to give him a blanket to lay on in his cage, with some food and water and hay and his litter box. I know its important that they eat right away, so I will make him an extra yummy dinner that night!
Just keep him in your prayers please everyone!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"For the animal shall not be measured by man. In a world older than ours they move finished and complete, gifted with extensions of the senses we have lost or never attained, living by voices we shall never hear.They are not brethen, they are not underlings; they are other nations caught with ourselves in the net of life and time, fellow prisoners of the splendor and travail of the earth."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 48 (permalink) Old 06-04-2009, 06:49 PM
can't think of one, help

Just keep him quiet and let him rest. Keep an eye on him, make sure his hay is nice and soft. He'll be okay, my little guy was sore for a bit but fine.

Vicki

Rainbow, Abbles, Carmy, Kissy, Peaches, Cream, (kitties) and Littlebunny boy (elder bunny)

the pic is the last one of my meecee kitty (5/9/89 - 1/9/08)
post #3 of 48 (permalink) Old 06-04-2009, 10:40 PM
Can't Stop Touching Her Eyes

Maybe they can give you some metacam for him. My boys were fine after they were neutered. Ophelia was fine after her spay but Penelope was a bit sore. It isn't as invasive for boys so I expect he will be just fine.

mommy to
Tyler - kitty
Oscar - water turtle
Bean - kitty
Frankie - dachshund
Belle - dachshund
Oliver - bunny
Ophelia - bunny
Penelope - bunny
Teddy - bunny -ok I have given up on 4 of a kind and am willing to settle for 2 pairs.
8 fishes - RIP Little Guy and Greta
and Tabatha - October 11, 2006 - rest in peace our sweet angel bunny
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 48 (permalink) Old 06-05-2009, 09:49 AM
Super Moderator

Good luck!

He should be just fine. The boys usually recover pretty quickly from a neuter. Just make sure that he eats and don't let him run around or jump up too much right away.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 48 (permalink) Old 06-05-2009, 05:16 PM Thread Starter
is a little "special"

Thanks every one!
I have some updates... My vet was sick, so it had to be re-schedualed, and I found out the the exam is an extra $50 if it isnt on the day of the surgery. So I guess his exam and surgery will be on the 16th now. Im kinda frustrated, but I think it will end up better this way, because I can be with him the whole day, and I will acaully be able to focus on finals instead of his surgery on the last day of school!

"For the animal shall not be measured by man. In a world older than ours they move finished and complete, gifted with extensions of the senses we have lost or never attained, living by voices we shall never hear.They are not brethen, they are not underlings; they are other nations caught with ourselves in the net of life and time, fellow prisoners of the splendor and travail of the earth."
post #6 of 48 (permalink) Old 06-05-2009, 06:20 PM

That does sound better. You don't need distractions when it comes to school. It is very important to apply yourself. I know I sound like a parent but trust me that is coming from someone that wishes she had applied herself so she could have a job she LOVED instead of one that is close to home.....
There is a huge difference when you only like your job then when you LOVE it.

mommy to
Tyler - kitty
Oscar - water turtle
Bean - kitty
Frankie - dachshund
Belle - dachshund
Oliver - bunny
Ophelia - bunny
Penelope - bunny
Teddy - bunny -ok I have given up on 4 of a kind and am willing to settle for 2 pairs.
post #7 of 48 (permalink) Old 06-05-2009, 07:41 PM
Adolescent Pup

I'll be saying little bunny prayers. That does sound better - getting the exam and surgery done all in one day.

How long will the males be sore? Two or three days?
post #8 of 48 (permalink) Old 06-06-2009, 04:47 PM
Amateur Zookeeper

It'll be fine! Good Luck!

Purr more, Hiss less

Proud Owner to:
2 girl rats~Marlie and Lola
2 male cats~Scout and Oscar
1 girl dog~Kusa

Always in my heart, my baby girls

Rest in Peace Cleo, Lucy, Snickers, Maya, and Maggie

post #9 of 48 (permalink) Old 06-15-2009, 06:53 PM Thread Starter
is a little "special"

Omg, hes getting fixed tommarrow! Im really nervous for him! But I think he deserves it LOL- Im watching my friends female lop for the week, and hes been SO obnoxious! All he wants to do is hump me because I smell like her, and he bit my leg and broke the skin! Im just so glad Im gonna get this over with, and Im happy that he will be better behaved. Just say prayers for him tonight please... I will give everyone an update tomarrow! He will be home again by noon!

post #10 of 48 (permalink) Old 06-15-2009, 10:07 PM

We will all be saying a prayer for Smudge in our house tonight! He should calm down a ton. It may take some time but he should be calmer. That is how Teddy was.
I will check in tomorrow for an update!
Smooches to Smudge.

mommy to
Tyler - kitty
Oscar - water turtle
Bean - kitty
Frankie - dachshund
Belle - dachshund
Oliver - bunny
Ophelia - bunny
Penelope - bunny
post #11 of 48 (permalink) Old 06-16-2009, 06:57 AM
Adolescent Pup

Sending Smudge prayers today!
post #12 of 48 (permalink) Old 06-16-2009, 09:48 AM
Paw-Talk Golden Member

Good luck!!

Maureen

Six new rats
post #13 of 48 (permalink) Old 06-16-2009, 09:49 AM
the rodent lover<3

Prayers for Smudge! He'll calm down, though.

my name is Jonni,
i'm weird for making my username
Angelica

~ one Betta, unnamed as of now ~
post #14 of 48 (permalink) Old 06-16-2009, 01:23 PM
Super Moderator

I hope all went well and that he's home safe and starting to feel better!

post #15 of 48 (permalink) Old 06-16-2009, 02:00 PM

I was just checking in on you - but I realized it is earlier here than it is there. I will check back a bit later!

mommy to
Tyler - kitty
Oscar - water turtle
Bean - kitty
Frankie - dachshund
Belle - dachshund
Oliver - bunny
Ophelia - bunny
Penelope - bunny

Tags
rabbit bunny fix neuter