Smudge takes bed wetting to a whole new level... Eww - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Rabbit Discussion All things floppy.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-27-2008, 07:01 PM Thread Starter
is a little "special"

Smudge takes bed wetting to a whole new level... Eww

Im working on litter training Smudge in my bedroom, and hes doing really well at not peeing on my carpet! ^^
His bed... well, thats a different story. O.o
For some reason, Smudge has always had some sort of obsession with peeing on fluffy things: beds, quilts, blankies, pillows... All of it XD
Last Christmas I bought him a really nice dog bed so he has a nice place to relax inside...
Well, I guess hes decided its a litter box now.
Even tho I always have his litter box out when hes running around, he ALWAYS goes in his bed. I dont want to move it, cuz Ive already tried that and he still pees in it, and Im worried that if I take it away he'll go on my carpet again.
My carpet already has multiple Smudge stains, candy melted into it, many other mysterious stains, and eco earth all over, and if anything else happens to it my mom will flip!
Washing it would be gross and piontless cuz I know he'll just do it again, but how can I get him to stop? (It really smells by now...)
I dont want to put anything in it that will make it gross to him (like putting a smell/taste in it) but thats te only way I can think og getting him to stop!
Any ideas?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"For the animal shall not be measured by man. In a world older than ours they move finished and complete, gifted with extensions of the senses we have lost or never attained, living by voices we shall never hear.They are not brethen, they are not underlings; they are other nations caught with ourselves in the net of life and time, fellow prisoners of the splendor and travail of the earth."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-27-2008, 07:10 PM
can't think of one, help

there is probably not much you can do, except get him a new one and put a plastic sheet in it and use fluffy sheets over the plastic (things you can take out and wash easily) that way the bed itself doesn't get dirty and he can have clean bedding to make dirty again.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-27-2008, 07:44 PM
Super Moderator

I know you said washing it would be pointless, but have you ever tried washing it before? If he can smell his pee on it he'll probably keep going there. I would think you would want to wash or replace it anyways if it smells bad.

Or it could be a marking thing. Zeus use to pee on his bed, but he would only do it once each time I washed it, to get his smell on it, then he wouldn't do it again.

So I'm not sure, but I would really start with washing it really well to see if he still goes to the bathroom on it when it's clean.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-27-2008, 08:01 PM
Betta Bomb

i agree with dragonrain,try washing it or replacing it-he just assumes its his because his pee is on it..you may also try "Fooey" which is a bitter deterrent to stop destructive chewing but i found it didnt work in the ways that you want it to,the animal always gets used to the taste and bears it,the worst part is the particles get into the air and then YOU can taste it on everything!!! GGAAAA gross! so i stopped using it.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-27-2008, 08:17 PM
Super Moderator

Lol I tried using that Fooey stuff too - worst thing I have ever tasted, even worse than 50 year old bubble gum!!

I don't think that spraying something that smells/tastes bad would keep him from peeing on something though. That's more for trying to get them to stop chewing, and even for that it doesn't always work.

post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-27-2008, 08:18 PM Thread Starter
is a little "special"

The fluffy part of it cant come out, so using plastic sheets isnt really possible xD
I know he isnt marking it, cuz like Dragonrain said, he only does it once if he is.
I coulcd try washing it I guess, it couldnt hurt.
No Foohey either! I dont wanna have to breathe that stuff while I sleep LOL
I dont have enough money to buy a new one tho.

Dragonrain- Exactly hw do you know how 50-year-old bubble gun tastes??

"For the animal shall not be measured by man. In a world older than ours they move finished and complete, gifted with extensions of the senses we have lost or never attained, living by voices we shall never hear.They are not brethen, they are not underlings; they are other nations caught with ourselves in the net of life and time, fellow prisoners of the splendor and travail of the earth."

Last edited by Jess; 09-27-2008 at 08:20 PM.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-27-2008, 08:58 PM
Can't Stop Touching Her Eyes

Penelope is the only one of the buns that never pees on her blankies or beds. She does chew on them terribly though. Oliver and Ophelia (well at least one of them) pees when ever I put a bed in the room for them. Luckily they don't piddle on the couch/futon like thing I have in there. I do have tons of blankets on it just in case.
Teddy pees on some soft things and not others. He's got an old comforter of mine that he lays on and a flat fleece thing he likes. He may have an occasional stray poo but that is all.
And if it's really badly pee'd on you can always wash the washer when you are done. I do that with anything that is pee'd on. I just run the washer with soap and nothing in it.
And yes, Dragonrain, how do you know what 50 year old bubble gum tastes like??

mommy to
Tyler - kitty
Oscar - water turtle
Bean - kitty
Frankie - dachshund
Belle - dachshund
Oliver - bunny
Ophelia - bunny
Penelope - bunny
Teddy - bunny -ok I have given up on 4 of a kind and am willing to settle for 2 pairs.
8 fishes - RIP Little Guy and Greta
and Tabatha - October 11, 2006 - rest in peace our sweet angel bunny
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-28-2008, 04:31 AM
Playful Pup

I have the same problem as well
Nino is a very (maybe overly) clean bunny that grooms herself quite often and NEVER goes to bathroom outside the cage. Yet if I let her on my bed, she will explore a little and pee on it
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-28-2008, 07:54 AM
Betta Bomb

i wonder what 50 yr.old gum does taste like ??? maybe its not better than Fooey...but i would sure hope it is Silly Dragonrain

Tags
rabbit litter box