Smudge wont eat - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Rabbit Discussion All things floppy.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-09-2009, 06:42 PM Thread Starter
is a little "special"

Unhappy Smudge wont eat

Im was going ot make a new siggy, so I was taking pictures of everyone, and Smudge was sleeping under my dresser. When I offered him a treat to come out, he wouldnt take it, and he shoved my hand away. He doesnt want his veggies either I already called the vet, and they were only open for 30 more minutes, and I didnt want to make an emergency oppointment so soon. He ate earlier today, and he is still going to the bathroom, so he should be OK over night... But if he still wont eat in the morning, he is going in.
Im just really worried, because this is very odd behavior for him. There is nothing that he could have gotten into.
Sometimes he has weird mini hungar strikes when they weather changes, so Im hoping thats all it is... It snowed so much that we got school off, so I guess thats definatly a weather change.
I gave him his heating pad to lay on if his tummy hurts, and Im going to keep an eye on his tonight. Im hoping its just nothing, but its hard not to be worried....
Keep him in your prayers!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"For the animal shall not be measured by man. In a world older than ours they move finished and complete, gifted with extensions of the senses we have lost or never attained, living by voices we shall never hear.They are not brethen, they are not underlings; they are other nations caught with ourselves in the net of life and time, fellow prisoners of the splendor and travail of the earth."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-09-2009, 07:21 PM
Suffers from Title Envy

awww poor smudge! I hope and pray that he will be okay

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-09-2009, 09:16 PM
Rodentologist

Try to exercise him if you can, and water some pellets to forcefeed him a little (but not much until you can verify that it's coming out the other end)

We are as gods to the beasts of the fields. We order the time o' their birth and the time o' their death. Between times, we ha' a duty. - Terry Pratchett.

"Men have forgotten this truth", said the fox, "But you must not forget it. You become responsible, forever, for what you have tamed. - Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-09-2009, 10:08 PM Thread Starter
is a little "special"

Thankfully, Smudge started eating again tonight! Im SO relieved!
It really scared me, because he went at leat 4-5 hours that Im aware of refusing food, and hiding. Hopefully he will be OK now.
Its kinda weird... All the sudden, he just decided he was hungry, and finally took notice of his veggies around 9:00. Maybe he just had a tummy ache, because he looked uncomfortable before.

"For the animal shall not be measured by man. In a world older than ours they move finished and complete, gifted with extensions of the senses we have lost or never attained, living by voices we shall never hear.They are not brethen, they are not underlings; they are other nations caught with ourselves in the net of life and time, fellow prisoners of the splendor and travail of the earth."
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-09-2009, 10:39 PM
Suffers from Title Envy

just keep a close eye on him! glad to hear he is better!

post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-10-2009, 10:20 AM
Betta Bomb

Phew!! Glad he's ok!!
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-10-2009, 11:47 AM
Super Moderator

Glad to hear he's eating again!

post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-15-2009, 05:48 PM
Adolescent Pup

Thank goodness Smudge decided to eat again
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-20-2009, 12:16 AM
Movin' Up in the Pack

Hi Jess, just wondering if Smudge is still sneezing, or have things change since the ground is now covered with snow?
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-20-2009, 01:58 PM Thread Starter
is a little "special"

It hasnt been nearly as bad, but its still kinda on and off. I havent noticed him sneezing lately, but his eyes watered for a few days last week. But before that, they had been fine for a month or so. Last time we were at the vets, his teeth were fine, so I think its just something hes gonna have to live with. It doesnt seem to affect him in any way, so Im not presueing any more surgeries or X-rays for now.
How is your bun with allergies? His name is Honey, right?

post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-21-2009, 06:22 PM
Movin' Up in the Pack

Honey is still sneezing. I have changed everything in his environment I can think of. If he is allergic to mold, perhaps my aquarium is causing problems for him. I only have one fish left, and when she dies, I will get rid of the tank. Honey is on Benadryl, which he really loves. The vet said rabbits need it 3 times a day, not just now and then like people take it. I found a part time job, and on days I work, I can only give it to him twice a day because of my time away from home. I don't think it does a whole lot for him anyway.
post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-21-2009, 07:26 PM Thread Starter
is a little "special"

Aww, poor little guy. I hope he feels better. Is he on a paper-based bedding?

post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-24-2009, 11:54 AM
Movin' Up in the Pack

I had him on paper base litter, but it didn't seem to make a difference, so after 3 weeks, I went back to using wood pellets.
post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-24-2009, 01:17 PM Thread Starter
is a little "special"

Same thing with Smudge. The only thing I can think of then would be air fresheners/perfumes. Sometimes I spary those in my room because Wink wreaks to high Heavens when he goes to the bathroom, but they dont seem to bother Smudge too much.

Tags
rabbit, wont eat