snezing rex - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Rabbit Discussion All things floppy.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-20-2008, 09:53 PM Thread Starter
Newborn Pup

Question snezing rex

I have a male rex bunny who won’t stop sneezing, he has done it since I first got him as a little baby. So it is not a illness, but I would like to know if there is any way to make it stop, he gets a runny discharge so it is not purely phisocoligal. Any one encountered a sneezing bunny before?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-20-2008, 10:28 PM
Super Moderator

Take him to a rabbit savy vet. They'll be able to tell you what he has for sure and how to fix it. We can't diagnose your rabbit over the internet.

Good luck, I hope he's feeling better soon.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-20-2008, 10:42 PM Thread Starter
Newborn Pup

i live in a small city in Australia they are no bunny savvy vets, most would want to kill it on sight, i was not expecting a diagnosis's, just suggestions, if any one has encountered this kind thing before.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-20-2008, 11:00 PM
Super Moderator

Well there are a number of things it could be, and it's going to be hard for anyone to give advice without more details at least. The symptoms your rabbit has can be caused from anything from allergies or irritations, to infections (bacterial, fungal), to things like nasal tumors. Even if someone can guess at what it is, he may need antibiodics or other medical treatment to get better so I'd still really recommend that you try to find a rabbit vet you can get too. It's always good to have one on hand for the future too, in case of emergencies.

Is the discharge just from his nose, or does he have some coming from his eyes as well? What color is it? Is he healthy other then the sneezing and discharge?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-20-2008, 11:05 PM Thread Starter
Newborn Pup

he is in great health other then the sneezing, no discharge from his eyes and the stuf coming from his nose is clear, as i said he has had it for over a year and is fat happy and healthy so i don't think it is a illness.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-06-2008, 10:18 PM
Betta Bomb

Hmmm.,could it be that the bunny was on pine shavings proir to you having him? Pine and cedar shavings have an odor for our benefit so we dont smell the urine but its harmful to the sensitive respiratory system of small animals such as bunnies..
since this is an old post,did you have any luck locating a vet?

Tags
rabbit snezing