So Sad - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Rabbit Discussion All things floppy.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-07-2010, 01:14 PM Thread Starter
Newborn Pup

So Sad

This morning my holland lop bunny went in to get spayed. The vets office just called to say that she died on the table before they could even open her up. I am devastated . I feel like a fool. I did this to prolong her life instead I ended it. She was only five months old. I am a grown women with three children and I can not stop crying. Please say a prayer.

Buddy & Ally : Dogs
Boo Boo : Bunny
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-07-2010, 01:30 PM
Newborn Pup

I'm so sorry.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-07-2010, 01:32 PM
Adolescent Pup

That is terrible! I'm so sorry. But don't blame yourself. You had excellent intentions and this was not your fault. You were doing the right thing planning to spay her. It sounds like she either had a pre-existing condition you didn't know about, or the veterinarian's office didn't know how to handle bunnies properly. Nothing can replace what you've lost but I hope your heart heals quickly.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-07-2010, 01:42 PM
Rodentologist

I don't think that you're a fool. I know that you're sad that she's gone, but I've watched rabbits die of ovarian cancer and it is a miserable death.

We are as gods to the beasts of the fields. We order the time o' their birth and the time o' their death. Between times, we ha' a duty. - Terry Pratchett.

"Men have forgotten this truth", said the fox, "But you must not forget it. You become responsible, forever, for what you have tamed. - Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-07-2010, 01:56 PM
Super Moderator

I'm so so sorry you lost her. But please don't feel like you're a fool or that it's your fault. You had all the best intentions and where doing the right thing for your rabbit.

I've had a rabbit die on the operating table, under different circumstances, but I have an idea of how you feel. Just always remember that you where only trying to do what's best. If you ever need to talk, please feel free to send me a message.

I'm so sorry again!

post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-07-2010, 03:54 PM
is a little "special"

Im so sorry! Your not a fool- Your an awesome mommy for getting her fixed, even if it didnt turn out well. You had the best intentions, and Im sure that she knows that.

My first rabbit most likely died from cancer because no one knew we were supposed to spay them I felt so horrible.

"For the animal shall not be measured by man. In a world older than ours they move finished and complete, gifted with extensions of the senses we have lost or never attained, living by voices we shall never hear.They are not brethen, they are not underlings; they are other nations caught with ourselves in the net of life and time, fellow prisoners of the splendor and travail of the earth."
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-07-2010, 05:07 PM
Adolescent Pup

oh i am so sorry!!
no one is a fool
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-07-2010, 06:23 PM
Newborn Pup

ooooh....I feel so bad for you. That is just so sad. Ironically (?), we are making arrangements right now to bring "Noodle" in for spaying and she is a sweetie about the same age. We have a good vet who specializes in bunnies but this adds to our concerns.
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-07-2010, 06:30 PM
Resident Aquarium Nerd

I'm so sorry . You aren't a fool, though, sometimes things like this just happen.

~Stephanie

"We weep for a bird's cry, but not for a fish's blood. Blessed are those with a voice."

post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-07-2010, 06:45 PM
Part of the Pack

I don't know what else I can say; everyone has already said it so nicely. Likewise, I will say a prayer for you, and please forgive yourself!

~Amy~ Mom to Lucy

Forever in our hearts...
Mina, Psyche, Puff, Bootsy, Tommy, Sooner, Quinnie, and Lucky.

~and last but not least, my bunbun Roger~
post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-07-2010, 09:30 PM Thread Starter
Newborn Pup

Thank you all so much. I am having her cremated and then putting her ashes in our front yard with a bunny statue put over her. I know that I only had her for a few months but I loved her.

Buddy & Ally : Dogs
Boo Boo : Bunny
post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-09-2010, 08:37 AM
Adolescent Pup

Quote:
Originally Posted by meacmcdaniels View Post
Thank you all so much. I am having her cremated and then putting her ashes in our front yard with a bunny statue put over her. I know that I only had her for a few months but I loved her.
That is a wonderful way to put her to rest. It takes so little time for these wonderful creatures to steal our hearts. I hope the vet clinic has offered these services to you as a charity. They owe you more than they can repay.
post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-09-2010, 01:40 PM
Betta Bomb

Aw, Im so sorry. I know the pain of losing a bunny- regardless of cause, every bunny has the ability to steal your heart and take it with them when they go. Please do not sorrow, the wounds will scab and though she will be gone in the physical sense, she will always be there with you in your heart. Bless. I think that is a very nice way to remember her and commemorate her by cremating her. You are in my thoughts.

Tags
death