Soo happy!!! - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Rabbit Discussion All things floppy.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 09-04-2004, 02:10 AM Thread Starter
Tarzan Mama of Two

Soo happy!!!

I went and had a look at a couple of different pet stores today with my best friend and her b/f. We usually have pretty ok pet stores here but the firt one was horrible....The rabbit cage was soooo dirty (I don't think they had cleaned it out for weeks) had no bedding and it was outside and obviously permanently outside cause it was sinking into the ground. I was furious!!! I checked all the rabbits for signs of diarrhoea and checked their teeth for malloclusion (sp) but thankfully they were all in good health. I plan on going back there one day soon with an info sheet on how rabbits should live...I had to keep my mouth shut today cause I was so cranky with them and I knew I would have lost my cool and not gotten my point across.

Anyway we then went to a new store that had just opened up. Everything was soooo nice and clean and they had their animals in big cages! The best part was that I got a great new toy for my girls! They had these wire balls in there that hang rom the top of the cage and have a bell on the bottom....you can fill them with vegies, or hay (which I did when I got home) or even just plain old newspaper if you have nothing better! I was so happy to see something different out there for rabbits! They have only been open for five weeks and are still waiting on stock but they said the plan is that they want to get a lot of different things in stock cause they are sick of seeing the same toys in all the pet shops and basically there is nothing for rabbits anyway. They had lots of different rabbit indoor cages and so many things that I recognise from American websites so yah finally we are getting some American stuff in!!! I really hope they survive....I think I'll be their best customer!!!

Too lazy to even think of a siggy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 09-04-2004, 03:15 AM
Fluffy Potatokisser

LOL! Sounds great! Lucky Jack has one of those wire baskets with the bell in his cage...I stuff it full of veggies or hay and he has a ball pulling it all outta there and generally making a mess before eating it!

Chin Mom to Lila, Skye, Ty, Rolex, Calypso, Lizzie, Jax, Sam, Sage, Lorenzo, Spitfire, Holly, Dylan, Leia, Punky, Kylie, Skylar, Jetta, Oreo, Emma, Forest, Georgie, Alexis, Picador and all the kits!
Pittie Mom to Kali and Orion
Rattie Mom to Drake and Dumbo
Bunny Mom to Dutchie
Plain ole Mom to Zach, Brandon and Connor!
Come visit us at
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 09-04-2004, 04:31 PM Thread Starter
Tarzan Mama of Two

mandie yes the girls love it!!! I filled up for them twice last night! When I was putting the dogs to bed (my mums dog is here for the weekend) Molly just kept hitting hers even though it was empty to get the bell to make the noise! Poor Biscuit and Cindy would have had no sleep last night!!!

Too lazy to even think of a siggy

Tags
lucky jack, pet shop, pet shops, pet store, pet stores, rabbit cage