spayed doe..cancer of cervix? - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Rabbit Discussion All things floppy.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-19-2006, 05:55 PM Thread Starter

spayed doe..cancer of cervix?

wel Bifs still got gi stasis..the result of much stress after my house got flooded by burst water main in october this year. the clean up compnay did a lousy job..a second companyhad to be called in! The carpet remains and bits of exposed underlay got chewed on by bunnies..i eventually braved the ca rpet knife even with my blackouts and cut it away as best i could..but that was weeks ago..
Bif couldnt take any more of the drying proces so its gone now and i know itll take months to dry on its own now but i cant handle it neither can the animals.
Bif went to the vets twice last week for shots for gi stasis..i have been giving her science rabbit recovery until night before last..she spits it at me and refuses to swallow it!
i gave her protexin in a fluid solution and sprinkled it in her water..on her food..all of which is accessed by bertie too and our 2 dumb kittens!!
Bertie seemd unwell..couldnt say how but hed been weeing everywhere again and this morning it was pure chalk i swear..bif hasnt improved greatly at all..just a few poos and a few soft cecals..not eating much not eating much hay either of them and shes very off with everything.
the vet says berties got bladder problems..infection and or bladder crystals..and bif...well theres something nasty there..the vets hoping its the gi stasis and gave her another jab BUt shes fearful ot may be cancer..cancer of the cervix no less..
i said but how can you tell..its the swlling and pain reflex..we may need to do blood work and xrays ifshes not remarkably recovered by morning..ring me asap..
i said but shes spayed..she was spayed at 18 months by the shelter...i know she said but they still leave the cervix behind..

omg i dont know how to cope with this...if its gi stasis then she gets it cos of stress and shes going to get worse and worse till it kills her with all this going onand xmas to boot.
if i have to take her for tests and its cervical cnacer she wont have long and shes already in a lot of discomfort and pain...

why oh why..what have i done to do this to my pets..so much for a second start in life for them..i really think any pet i have is doomed..
im trying to survive the first xmas without my dearest dad..and now my chronicaly ill daughter has agonising dental problems and nothing will help and shes housebound aghhh and her electric wheelchair got damaged in flood..i feel so stressed out right now.this time last year i was still crying for my beloved cat who got posioned by the workmen cos they were idiots..now weve lost her mother whilst my dad was dying in hospital..then my dad..then a few months later we lost oscar to gi stasis..and now this..
any wonder i dressed as death for halloween!

has anyone heard of cervical cancer in spayed does..or has anyone ever lost a bun to it..or nayone had experience of prolonged gi stasis where the bunny seemed bright and alert?..but not themselves..i need advice foks andany info you have..im still shocked by the vets today...im stunned..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-19-2006, 07:07 PM
Can't Stop Touching Her Eyes

Oh I am so sorry for all you have been through this year. I will pray that it is not cervical cancer. I really don't know anything about cervical cancer or gi stasis other than what I have read.
Please don't feel you have not done good things for you babies. You have. Sometimes things happen.
Please keep us posted. Until then my prayers will go out for all of you!

mommy to
Tyler - kitty
Oscar - water turtle
Bean - kitty
Frankie - dachshund
Belle - dachshund
Oliver - bunny
Ophelia - bunny
Penelope - bunny
Teddy - bunny -ok I have given up on 4 of a kind and am willing to settle for 2 pairs.
8 fishes - RIP Little Guy and Greta
and Tabatha - October 11, 2006 - rest in peace our sweet angel bunny
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-01-2007, 06:07 AM Thread Starter

Thank you Kathy..much appreciated..you especially know how it feels to be out of control of the situation..so i thank you again.
Well the week before christmas bif n bertie went in to the vets so bif could have an xray..
the new vet rang me and asked me to come down to view the xrays with her..i panicked i realy did..
when i got there she showed me the xray and said unfortunately xrays arent wonderful at picking up soft tissue but usually if theres a solid mass it shows..but because theres not one there we musnt say she hasnt got one as it can be clearly felt.
Shes got her on metacam daily and i was supposed to take her back thursday but i had only just got her eating a bit more and pooing a bit more..so i am going tomorrow at 2pm instead.
funny thing is on top of this scare..despite them saying shes only got tiny spurs..i can tell shes got dental problems...so i am going to suggest they sort out her teeth and do the ultrasound at same time..
my subconsious was saying but if you do and it shows cancer what a waste of time and stress for her to have a dental..but i figure shes out on the scan anyway..despite what the vet says you canot do it to abun wde awake the stres would kill it!
Well yesterday she came into the kitchen doorway..come on mummy qwheres my breakfast and my greens?
And this morning she did the same..
we had my mum over to see in the new year and Bif was very happy nosey and made contact on her own with all 3 of us many times..i was overjoyed..and she also fell asleep on her back for ages..in fact we thought she had died she was out cold! Bertie was joining in with the nudges etc and odd sniffs and wanting a stroke or tow..and so was she..bless her i havent seen her like that since before oscar died. The kittens were getting an earful from her too and then she was also playing tag with them and she wanted to wash salem i think but decided zuzu running to go to sleep in her spot was more of an issue!
they all settled down for a nap under the chrstmas tree awww...

im so gutted..shes beng a bit of old bif and now it may not matter..shes spent the holiday with a death sentence hanging over her head..

the stasis will not resolve itself till she can eat more hay and food but she is managing the odd bits and greens in moderation..it does make her poo but the poos are sooo small . Mind youberties not eating enough hay either so im going to have to pick him some grass instead..its too wet to take him out on the grass.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-01-2007, 09:01 PM
Can't Stop Touching Her Eyes

I am so sorry she is still dealing with all this! It must be so stressful for the entire household. I am glad to hear she gave you such a wonderful Christmas present. I will be sure to pray that it's not cancer. Please keep me posted. Do you have anything like Oxbow's critical care? It's a powder that has to be refridgerated once opened. You mix it with water or baby food. It has everything they need. I think it is okay even if they are not eating hay. I used it with Tabby and she loved it. It was how I got a bit of weight on her. Maybe even try baby food with her. Anything to get her eating more. Tabby was so easy. She LOVED baby food. The brats I have now don't really go for it. Heck the last few nights they are not that interested in their salads. I leave it in the cage and it is gone by morning but before they would eat it from my hand.
Did you take a picture of the nap under the tree? I would love to see it.
Has you place finally dried out? I bet the kittens are getting big. Please post pictures of them as well.
Good luck - I will keep checking for more posts.

mommy to
Tyler - kitty
Oscar - water turtle
Bean - kitty
Frankie - dachshund
Belle - dachshund
Oliver - bunny
Ophelia - bunny
Penelope - bunny
Teddy - bunny -ok I have given up on 4 of a kind and am willing to settle for 2 pairs.
8 fishes - RIP Little Guy and Greta
and Tabatha - October 11, 2006 - rest in peace our sweet angel bunny