Speckle might be hurting Simon, help! - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Rabbit Discussion All things floppy.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-17-2011, 01:13 AM Thread Starter
Poooooppp!

Speckle might be hurting Simon, help!

Lately, I've noticed that when Speckle grooms Simon she licks his eye a lot until he moves his face away, Well, At first I thought his eye lid looked weird and maybe kinda puffy, but now I've noticed that he's missing fur around his eye, he's a hotot and the black fur around his eye is missing, not all of it, but enough for me to notice, I think she's being too rough and maybe even pulling some of it, I'm afraid she may be hurting him.. and he's just too nice to do anything about it.. should I be concerned?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-17-2011, 11:29 AM
is a little "special"

Are you sure that it's Speckle causing it? Because rabbits will groom eachother's eyes if there is a problem with them too. Like, when I was doing research about Smudge's eye watering problems, I read that having a freind will help because they will keep their eyes groomed for them. Are you sure that nothing was wrong before? Because she could just be trying to help.

Just a thought.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"For the animal shall not be measured by man. In a world older than ours they move finished and complete, gifted with extensions of the senses we have lost or never attained, living by voices we shall never hear.They are not brethen, they are not underlings; they are other nations caught with ourselves in the net of life and time, fellow prisoners of the splendor and travail of the earth."
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-21-2011, 05:54 PM Thread Starter
Poooooppp!

yes, you're right Jess, I don't think it's her, but she is still giving his eyes a lot of attention, I'm kind of worried about it, but I don't know what could be wrong.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-27-2011, 08:42 PM
Adolescent Pup

bunny syphilis can start with hair loss on the face/genitals--I'm not sure about other bunny conditions...
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-28-2011, 05:26 PM
Paw-Talk Golden Member

did you bring bunny to the vet ?

~The purity of a person's heart can be quickly measured by how they regard animals ~

By Anonymous
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-28-2011, 07:51 PM
Betta Bomb

How has it progressed jovie??
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-28-2011, 09:01 PM Thread Starter
Poooooppp!

no, I haven't taken him to the vet, I think it's still the same, if I see it getting worse I will, but so far it's okay.