Spraying problem...please HELP!! - Page 2 - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Rabbit Discussion All things floppy.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #16 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-27-2004, 01:15 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for the info. He pees anywhere in his playpen. At what age is the best to have him fix? I really think I have to get him neutered! Even if I prefered not to have him go through it. Hopefully after being fixed, I'll be able to hold him in my arms. For now he doesnt let me. Today he's been good with using the litter box.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-27-2004, 08:19 PM Thread Starter

I think I know why my bunny started "marking" his playpen area. It was just after cleaning up his playpen. I guess it confused him a bit. Now what I do to reduce his marking (and hopefully get his bed back in his playpen) is I leave a bit of dirty litter in the box and change the rest of the litter box. That might confuse less my bunny. I did that this morning and no peeing outside the litter box!
post #18 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-27-2004, 09:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellepotter
In the UK we have a massive Rescue problem with Rabbit's. There's over 30,000 in Rescue at any one time.

Rescues across the country have 100's of female and male Rabbit's neutered every year to try and prevent unwanted litters and the risk of Uterine Cancer in female Rabbits, which is about 80% if your female Rabbit is left un-spayed.

With an experienced Vet a neuter Operation should be fine. There's ALWAYS going to be a risk with any animal put under Anaesthetic, same with humans..

In my eye's the benefits of the Operation definitely out way the risks.

Neutering of Rabbit's will also calm there hormone's down and make them easier to litter train/house train.

Louise
Yep. Your bunnies in your sig are super cute BTW!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #19 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-27-2004, 09:23 PM
Eli
Movin' Up in the Pack

Vets and docs, say that to e verone.............it's a way of saving their bottoms
post #20 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-28-2004, 04:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandra
Thanks for the info. He pees anywhere in his playpen. At what age is the best to have him fix? I really think I have to get him neutered! Even if I prefered not to have him go through it. Hopefully after being fixed, I'll be able to hold him in my arms. For now he doesnt let me. Today he's been good with using the litter box.
Six months is considered a good age to neuter Rabbit's, a little older for large/giant breed's of Rabbit's.

Your vet will advise you best.

Louise
post #21 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-28-2004, 04:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by veggiegirl
Yep. Your bunnies in your sig are super cute BTW!
Thanks!
post #22 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-28-2004, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellepotter
Thanks!
You're welcome!

Tags
box trained, litter box, litter box trained, litter box training, litter boxes, litter train, pet store, pet stores, pine shavings, wood stove pellets