Sunny didn't poop! - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Rabbit Discussion All things floppy.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-07-2009, 10:07 AM Thread Starter
Adolescent Pup

Sunny didn't poop!

Ugh..I'm so worried. I woke up this morning to see Sunny in her litter pan. As far as fruits/veggies go, she ate her romaine leafs but non of the bits of apples I gave her. She has peed. I went back to bed for a while, to see her still not have moved (unless she moved and went back) out of the pan. I'm so worried..ik buns are supposed to be pooping alot. My mom said she wont have the money to go to the vet until tomorrow. PLEASE do not get on me about poor care for my pets, ik this is bad and don't need it from anyone else.

Sunny hasn't had pellets in a while, only because we've been a bit down on the money issue. We WERE going to the grocery store about a week ago to get her some pellets (although at the grocery store they're a bit fattening) but they were out. What could be the issue? She's eaten but not pooped..she's going to the vet tomorrow..I'm just so worried :/

You put a baby in a crib with an apple and a rabbit. If it eats the rabbit and plays with the apple, I'll buy you a new car.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-07-2009, 01:09 PM
is a little "special"

I dont think the pellets are an issue... They can do just fine with out pellets. They arent really even neccesary, but most rabbits love them so they are a good treat! Our GPs havent had pellets this week cause he havent been able to go to the store that we usually get them at. As long as she is eating hay and veggies, Sunny is just fine!

When she was in her litter box, was she kinda hunched up and uncomfortable looking, or did she look more relaxed? Did she get into anything that could be causing a blockage? Is she still eating/drinking?
Try holding a warm compress on her tummy, and giving her a little massage. Sometimes they just need a little help to get things moving.
Good luck! Keep us filled in!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"For the animal shall not be measured by man. In a world older than ours they move finished and complete, gifted with extensions of the senses we have lost or never attained, living by voices we shall never hear.They are not brethen, they are not underlings; they are other nations caught with ourselves in the net of life and time, fellow prisoners of the splendor and travail of the earth."
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-07-2009, 02:08 PM
the rodent lover<3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jess View Post
\

When she was in her litter box, was she kinda hunched up and uncomfortable looking, or did she look more relaxed? Did she get into anything that could be causing a blockage? Is she still eating/drinking?
Try holding a warm compress on her tummy, and giving her a little massage. Sometimes they just need a little help to get things moving.
When I saw her she was just sitting there like a normal bunny sits
She's still eating, she's actually eating a carrot at the moment
She's acting normal, as a matter of fact that carrot is almost gone

my name is Jonni,
i'm weird for making my username
Angelica
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

~ one Betta, unnamed as of now ~
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-07-2009, 03:43 PM Thread Starter
Adolescent Pup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jess View Post
I dont think the pellets are an issue... They can do just fine with out pellets. They arent really even neccesary, but most rabbits love them so they are a good treat! Our GPs havent had pellets this week cause he havent been able to go to the store that we usually get them at. As long as she is eating hay and veggies, Sunny is just fine!

Well, she was a bit hunched up...her facial expression wasn't messed up or anything..seemed like a constipated thing. She didn't too relaxed. I gave her a bit of massage, but she doesn't take me holding her too well . We ARE taking her to the vet tomorrow, no doubt about it. Today we just couldn't. She's eaten a whole carrot (ik those things are sugary for buns, but they're high in fiber so it may help) and ate all her romaine last night.

You put a baby in a crib with an apple and a rabbit. If it eats the rabbit and plays with the apple, I'll buy you a new car.

post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-07-2009, 05:34 PM
is a little "special"

If she was hunched up, then she probably has a very gassy little tummy. Is she grinding her teeth? Its acually pretty painful for them.
And honestly, I would stay away from sugary food and treats right now. I dont really think it is stasis if she is still eating, but too many sugary foods can cause stasis (Its pretty much when the whole digestive tract just shuts down). Just keep up with the tummy rubs, even if she hates is, and warm compresses.
When you rub her tummy, are you flipping her over? The best way to do it is to sit her on your lap, and just put your hands under her.
If she stops eating or is lethargic, give her some un-flavored Pedialite... The stuff for little kids. Its kind of like a Monster drink for bunnys (but good for them)- it will give her a little energy boost.
I hope she feels better! Ill keep her in my prayers

"For the animal shall not be measured by man. In a world older than ours they move finished and complete, gifted with extensions of the senses we have lost or never attained, living by voices we shall never hear.They are not brethen, they are not underlings; they are other nations caught with ourselves in the net of life and time, fellow prisoners of the splendor and travail of the earth."
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-07-2009, 05:40 PM
the rodent lover&lt;3

She pooped!

my name is Jonni,
i'm weird for making my username
Angelica

~ one Betta, unnamed as of now ~
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-07-2009, 06:05 PM Thread Starter
Adolescent Pup

Quote:
Originally Posted by xx Angelica<3 View Post
She pooped!
Yes, she pooped. IDK what it was, the carrot or the 2nd passage, but she pooped, about 8 times. Not where I'd want it to be..but she's making progress. Still gonna go to the vet tomorrow.

post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-08-2009, 10:58 AM
Adolescent Pup

Great POOP news
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-08-2009, 12:47 PM
is a little "special"

Yay! Thats great news!!