T_Smith - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Rabbit Discussion All things floppy.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-08-2009, 09:15 AM Thread Starter

Question Advice please!

Hi, first post, looking for some advice!

Does anyone know whether i could introduce a 7 yr old spayed doe to a 9 week old un-spayed doe? and if so, how?

Also does anyone know the current price for spaying a rabbit?

Cheers

Last edited by Smithy_89; 04-08-2009 at 09:18 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-09-2009, 12:43 AM
Paw-Talk Addict

I am not sure how much it would cost you to spay your rabbit. It depends where you live I believe the average is about $80.00 bucks because it's a little harder than neutering a male.

For introductions MY suggestion (I've never had to introduce bun buns before so take this with a grain of salt) would be to house them next to each other for about a weekish. SO they can check each other out in the comfort of their own cages. Having their own space should stress them less and make them feel more secure AND if someone has any issues you will see it through the cage appose to just putting them together and a fight happening. If the week goes well I would take them to a neutral territory for their introductions so hopfully no one will act dominant and feel they have something to protect. I am not sure if putting them together would be a good idea and then holding on while the other is loose could cause YOU to get some cuts and bites if they do fight so as far as that goes I am a little lost. Maybe you can have a squirt bottle of some kind and if anything happens give them a spray and seperate them?
Hope I helped :d

My Kids:6
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
, 5
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
, 1
, 1
, 1
Gecko, 1 Fiance

Note: My hammocks are not exclusively for rats

post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-09-2009, 02:49 PM Thread Starter

Thanks, that is useful!
I think I'm definitely going to get the baby rabbit spayed before i attempt anything, but I'm definitely not going to get them to live together permanently, they will have separate cages, it seems the safest way, would just be nice if they could go out in our garden and play together!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-09-2009, 06:27 PM
Can't Stop Touching Her Eyes

Check out the house rabbit society site www.rabbit.org It has a lot of information. Introducing rabbits can be very difficult. I am trying to bond a male and a female and it's not going that well. I have heard that bonding 2 females is hard - but I don't know if that is true. Also, since one bun is a baby that could help. Just be very careful - bunny fights are NASTY! You need to monitor them really closely. There are different sites that give good tips. Try googling rabbit bonding or bunny bonding.
Oh and the house rabbit society has some great vet lists. Check that our for a rabbit savvy vet - as it is extremely important the vet knows how to sedate a rabbit for an operation.

mommy to
Tyler - kitty
Oscar - water turtle
Bean - kitty
Frankie - dachshund
Belle - dachshund
Oliver - bunny
Ophelia - bunny
Penelope - bunny
Teddy - bunny -ok I have given up on 4 of a kind and am willing to settle for 2 pairs.
8 fishes - RIP Little Guy and Greta
and Tabatha - October 11, 2006 - rest in peace our sweet angel bunny

Tags
rabbit introduction