Temporary Foods for Rabbits? - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Rabbit Discussion All things floppy.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-19-2012, 09:47 AM Thread Starter
Adolescent Pup

Temporary Foods for Rabbits?

Hello all...

its been a while i didnt come here... and im glad to inform that all my rabbits are all very well in health and everything...

thanks to all help been proposed by the forumers..

Anyway... this is my latest issue... i usually just fed my rabbits normal green pellets and hay.... and now... i dont know how and why... the only sole distributor of both hay and pellets in my country experiencing shortage of both products and thus... all the pellets and hays are sold out..

My rabbits got nothing to eat!!!! i provide them with carrots now but that ain't healthy if i keep feeding them everyday... im quite scared to introduce veggies to them afraid that will affect their stomach?

can somebody recommends me any food that will be suitable for their tummy now? as for temporary purposes until new stocks arrive (and i pray that it wont take long) .. its been 3 days now .... s**pid shop!! >:-E
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-19-2012, 11:10 AM
Super Moderator

Guinea pigs and Rabbits need timothy hay for food and digestion.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-19-2012, 12:03 PM
is a little "special"

Are there any horse stables or barns near by that you can buy hay from?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"For the animal shall not be measured by man. In a world older than ours they move finished and complete, gifted with extensions of the senses we have lost or never attained, living by voices we shall never hear.They are not brethen, they are not underlings; they are other nations caught with ourselves in the net of life and time, fellow prisoners of the splendor and travail of the earth."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-19-2012, 02:15 PM Thread Starter
Adolescent Pup

I got them hay from different brands but they seem to not like it ...
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-19-2012, 02:47 PM
Super Moderator

When you say distributor, do you mean the store or someone who delivers to the store? If the store is out of your supplies, you can sometimes get the store to special order them for you only.

Last edited by urofan; 03-19-2012 at 02:49 PM.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-19-2012, 03:35 PM
Paw-Talk Addict

As long as it hasn't been sprayed with pesticides or herbicides, you can pluck fresh grass from your yard. Can you buy any herbs at your grocer? Cilantro, kale, mustard greens, radish tops, carrot tops, parsley, spinach, dandelion greens, clover, they can have all those.
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-19-2012, 04:40 PM Thread Starter
Adolescent Pup

Quote:
Originally Posted by urofan View Post
When you say distributor, do you mean the store or someone who delivers to the store? If the store is out of your supplies, you can sometimes get the store to special order them for you only.
its the store... and about asking them for special order ... i wish we can have those.... its a small market in my place and i dont think we have that choice... and secondly.. they said they are already ordering it but dont know when it will arive..

Quote:
FlickeringHope As long as it hasn't been sprayed with pesticides or herbicides, you can pluck fresh grass from your yard. Can you buy any herbs at your grocer? Cilantro, kale, mustard greens, radish tops, carrot tops, parsley, spinach, dandelion greens, clover, they can have all those.
i know about those veggies but i hardly provide them veggies so introducing them litle to all of them.. im afraid to disturb their stomach..
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-19-2012, 07:25 PM
Paw-Talk Addict

As long as you stay away from bloat-causing veggies they should be fine. Besides, everything listed is a leafy green, so their tummies should take to it well
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-19-2012, 11:20 PM
Resident Aquarium Nerd

I would feed grass and weeds from outside along with herbs and leafy green vegetables.

~Stephanie

"We weep for a bird's cry, but not for a fish's blood. Blessed are those with a voice."

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-20-2012, 06:33 AM
Betta Bomb

Go out to a field and get them some grass and hay. They need it for regular digestion. If you still have pellets feed them in smaller amounts mixed with the new grases and hays.

Tags
pellets, rabbit food