Thinking of second bunny - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Rabbit Discussion All things floppy.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 04-22-2006, 07:36 AM Thread Starter
Newborn Pup

Thinking of second bunny

I just got one bunny about a week ago, still a baby and unsure of exact age, but my guess would be still very young! I have been reading more then I care to admit on buns and how to take care of them, and one theme that keeps coming up is they ae happier with a friend. My bun is a female and later on will get her fixed! So now thinking of getting a friend for her, would it be best to keep a new bun in a different cage and introduce VERY slowly? Like only letting them play in pen highly supervised? Right now my set up is the bun cage with her pen attached to the outside of her cage and she has free access to the pen whenever anyone is awake and home. Just would like to do this right, will probably get one next weekend if I get her a friend. She does get a lot of attention, but like I have said before I want her to be as happy as possible... Thanks for your help!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Stacey and mom to Gizmo and Cinnamon, Old English Mastiff Eeyore, Mutt Bear, 1 lizard, guinea pig Toffee, and a hamster Hammy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 04-22-2006, 05:15 PM
Suffers from Title Envy

i actually took the plundge and got myself another rabbit. i plan on letting my new rabbit rest in the cage a few days. and then i will take both rabbits on a car ride together and set right beside them with a squirt bottle (someone else driving) and that ride will last about 10 minutes. and in the days to follow i will take them both to nuetral territory (the bathroom) to have a little date about 10 minutes three times a day. after about two weeks of that i am going to let them play together on Ryo's (my current bun) territory highly supervised. and if that goes well for a couple more weeks then i will put them in the same cage together. so yes, i am doing a very slow introduction. but i also have a lot of age diffrence between my new bun and my existing one. and my current but has never even seen another rabbit before.