Thumping - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Rabbit Discussion All things floppy.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 11-10-2013, 10:32 PM Thread Starter

Thumping

Hi guys. So I am new here and I am desperate for some answers. I've had 2 rabbits in my life time, but I was very young. I am 18 now and I adopted my friends rabbit a couple of months ago and I still have some questions that need answering. Jasper is about 8 months old, and he is so ignorant! I spoil him rotten with treats (only awarded when behaved) and I give him kisses and clean him out very regularly. He's allowed to run around the front room for an hour every evening and he adores winding up my dog and cat, he treats him like siblings.. Very strange siblings.. But he's evolved some bad habits. One of which is thumping. I understand they do this as a warning, and when they are just in a grump, but he won't stop sometimes. He'll just slam his feet down in the morning when I get up for college and it makes me flinch as if a gun has just been fired. His cage bottom is metal and it kicks his bedding everywhere and it gets me in a complete huff before I have even started my day. I let him run around for a bit, give him some fresh veges and I even give him a much loved kiss between the ears.. He'll be fine for a minute and then BANG. It's gotten to the point where I need to ignore it because he gets me upset with worry. The only thing I think it might be is he still has his two manly items and his testosterone might be getting the better of his mood? I don't plan on breeding him, and I have read that there are a lot of benefits to having them neutered. Would it be worth it? I am a poor little UK college student and I don't have much money, so if anyone could let me know general prices that would be fantastic. Please let me know what you all think! OH he also grumbles and gets really excited when he sees my cat... He doesn't plan on humping the cat does he? My cat is a boy and.. That could be awkward for both! Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 11-12-2013, 09:50 AM
Adolescent Pup

Hi Laura and welcome to PawTalk. Unfortunately I don't have any rabbits, but I know a few people who do. I will be happy to forward your question along and hopefully get back with you soon!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Where all pets are special!!
(New members welcome and always appreciated!)
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Pop in and give us a look, and if you like what you see, we'd love to have you join our wonderful community
!!
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-17-2014, 01:53 PM
Newborn Pup

My rabbit thumps as well (where he got his name from) but he actually loves people. He will cuddle and sit on you and be pet for hours! It just depends on the rabbit haha

Echo

Whisper

Tags
grumbling, grumpy, ignorant, rabbit, thumping