Time between bunny feedings? - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Rabbit Discussion All things floppy.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-11-2008, 08:44 PM Thread Starter
Adolescent Pup

Time between bunny feedings?

How often should bunnies be fed?

I usually feed Flash his pellets in the morning when I wake up, then he gets his salad in the evening when I have dinner. So one's around 7-9 AM depending on the day, and the other's around 5-9 PM depending on the day. So roughly 12 hours between them, give or take an hour or two either way. Plus I make sure he has plenty of hay in his cage, refilled in the morning and evening, so that usually doesn't run out. He always dives right into the pellets, but he's not so enthusiastic about the greens if he gets them before 7 PM or so.

But I've got a new work situation, along with after work activities, where it's possible I might leave home at 8 AM and not come back until 11 PM or later once or twice per week. If I give him his breakfast right before I leave in the morning and make sure he has plenty of hay, do you think that's too late to give him dinner?

I guess it's really only a couple of hours longer than normal, but it just feels like 11 PM would be very late, and I could have a very hungry little bunny by the time I get home and give him dinner. Plus, he wouldn't get very much play time outside his cage on those days.

--Fromper
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-12-2008, 12:34 AM

thats not too off from what we do for lucy. she, oddly enough, is more enthusiastic about her evening meal than her morning meal. though she's very concerned in the morning with whether or not she gets to come out and play. as long as he has enough hay, my guess is he should be fine, and he will get used to the difference. the only other idea i have is that maybe you can find someone to pop in and give him a lil snack? there is a girl a few floors above us who used to do that when we were having to hand feed our sick rat, and now does it if lucy needs a lil something. best luck!
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-12-2008, 09:02 AM
Super Moderator

I think he'll be fine. As long as he eats hay, he won't starve.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-12-2008, 11:36 PM
is a little "special"

I just feed Smudge at night. He has plenty of hay to munch on during the day

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"For the animal shall not be measured by man. In a world older than ours they move finished and complete, gifted with extensions of the senses we have lost or never attained, living by voices we shall never hear.They are not brethen, they are not underlings; they are other nations caught with ourselves in the net of life and time, fellow prisoners of the splendor and travail of the earth."

Tags
rabbit bunny