Tips? - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Rabbit Discussion All things floppy.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 10-01-2009, 05:05 PM Thread Starter

Tips?

Hey everyone! I'm new to this forum and I just got a bunny (He's a Holland Lop) back on July 2nd and I've noticed a few things I was hoping people can shed some light on.

Untitled-1.jpg

First off, I also have a Blue Healer/ Beagle mix so because of her breed she has that hunting instinct and... sadly she has killed wild rabbits/ squirrels etc. But I wasn't worried since she has always been good with the domestic animals such as my old hamsters . But the odd thing is Piro (my rabbit) doesn't fear her in the least and actually crawls all over her... But Winne ( my dog) seems almost like she's actually afraid of it o.O She cowers and hides behind me anytime Piro goes near her. I'm not sure how to make her feel comfortable with my bun. D:

And... I've been wanting to add an addition (not anytime soon as he's still even new) but the problem is I've been wanting a Ferret and I've read they hunt rabbits, and play kind of rough... However my rabbit is always spunky as it is and doesn't seem to fear much but I'm not sure how he would react to something like that... (of course it would be supervised at ALL times and their times out of the cage would be seperate) Should I go for it or just get another rabbit playmate?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 10-01-2009, 05:51 PM
Hello Earthling

The picture is a little dark so its hard to see.

For the ferret thing... NEVER let a ferret play with a prey animal. It'll end up killing your rabbit.

I would just get your current bunny fixed and then a playmate.

post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 10-01-2009, 07:45 PM
Resident Aquarium Nerd

I agree, definitely don't let a ferret play with your rabbit. They hunt rabbits!

If you want to get a friend for your bunny, get another rabbit (and make sure both are fixed before introducing them).

As for the dog, sometimes you just have to give it time. You could also try praising her, giving her treats, etc. but some dogs are just freaked out by rabbits in general, haha.

~Stephanie

"We weep for a bird's cry, but not for a fish's blood. Blessed are those with a voice."

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Tags
rabbit