today is the day - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Rabbit Discussion All things floppy.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-27-2005, 07:25 AM Thread Starter

today is the day

Ryo goes in to be spayed this morning at 8:00. thats just a few hours away. i am very nervous but i am trying to stay calm, i know rabbits can pick up on tension and stress.
please wish us luck
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-27-2005, 09:50 AM
Paw-Talk Lifer

Goodluck and hope it goes smoothly for both of you, sending lots of speedy recovery vibes, please keep us posted

Kirsty

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Visit Degu Rock - Dedicated to Degu Care & Welfare Worldwide

post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-27-2005, 12:24 PM

i'm sure everything will be just fine!

Good luck Ryo!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-27-2005, 03:44 PM

Best of luck!! I know how stressful any surgery can be (((HUGS)))

Sandra
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-27-2005, 05:37 PM Thread Starter

well, me and Ryo are back now!!
the vet said she did well. we havent been back long and she already nibbled on some pellets. she is mostly seting still staring in space with her eyes half closed. she has pain meds i have to give her twice a day. its, once every 12 hrs. but thats impossible. i guess i need to call my vet. my work schedual makes it where it couldnt be 12hrs apart. usually the last dose for the day would be 2 hrs late or two hours early.
i hope that doesnt effect anything. i mean, if its not okay, there isnt anything i can do.....
ya know, work gotcha tied down. i am off work two days after this, but when i start back work thats when i will have problems with those meds.

Last edited by ratty_ratkins; 09-27-2005 at 05:47 PM.
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-27-2005, 06:02 PM

i'm glad to hear Ryo did fine with her spaying.

and about the meds... i think you just have to try to give Ryo the meds as close to 12 hours apart as possible. For example, try and give them to her in the morning when you wake up and then again when you get home at night. This is how i usually do meds with my pets. A couple hours too early or too late won't hurt- just try not to give them to her at like 9 in the morning and then again at noon or something. I'm assuming the pain meds will wear off after 12 hours and so that's probably why the vet told you to do it that way. hope this helps...
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-27-2005, 06:02 PM

I am glad it all went well.. Just make sure she goes to the toilet properly, and eats and drinks ok.. Keep us informed!
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-27-2005, 11:36 PM Thread Starter

ryo is eating well, she has ate some mustard greens, parsley, pellets, and timothy hay since she has been home. and she peeed onced (no poops yet) i am expecting to wake up in the morning to a litter box full of poops.
ryo keeps licking her staples. its worrying me! i made a post about it. i should had just asked it here.... oh well.
they did those disolvible inturnal stiches, staples and skin glue, so it should be pretty hard for her to get into.......
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-28-2005, 10:22 AM Thread Starter

well its the morning after the spay. last night i had to look at her staples to make sure she hasnt taken them out. and had to give her a shot. i was very nervous about that, but the shot was very easy to give. i hope i did it right. i have gave shots before, but it was to a lizard... they dont have fur, so i think its alot diffrent as far as seeing, and knowing what i am doing. and when i had to lay her on her back to examine her.. she didnt fight me too much. i know it was because she was sore.
she is doing well this morning. she peeed again, and did some poops. she smelling around, she is alert and eating. she was out of her cage but i was told to confine her to it for 3 or 4 days.
i looked at her staples again. looks like three may be missing, (talked about it on my other post, i am stupid for not just putting it on this one)
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-28-2005, 11:27 AM Thread Starter

im getting pretty fruserated at trying to give this injection. last night went well, but i think i must had compleatly missed this moring! i could had sworn the needle went in. i could feel it (if you know what i am talking about) but when i squirted the meds out i felt wetness on my freakin finger! so i guess.... i dont know what happend but i dont think she got much in her. darn it! i dont want her in pain.
post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-28-2005, 07:48 PM

Glad she is eating, etc.. I am a bit concerned about the staples though..
post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-28-2005, 08:22 PM Thread Starter

i think i know what to do.
i HOPE i know what to do.
post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-30-2005, 09:36 AM Thread Starter

Ryo is doing well this morning. she is pretty much eating reguarly now. she has been eating the whole time, but not much hay. now she is nibbleing on the hay again. i looked at her stamples and they look how they did before i went to bed, so i know she isnt messing with them. last night the meds went well. she seems to almost be moving reguarly already! tomorrow i am going to start getting her out of her cage again.
i start work back today. hopefully she will be fine while i am at work. i havent seen her mess with her staples all morning.

Tags
litter box, mustard greens, timothy hay