Toky-Ohki the weather girl - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Rabbit Discussion All things floppy.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-23-2005, 03:05 PM Thread Starter
Paw Talk's prodicle son .

Toky-Ohki the weather girl

Does Toky-Ohki know something we dont ?

Can we learn from the language of Lagomorphs, why is it recently I have notice Toky-Ohki pulling her hair out mysteriously and incorperating it into her bedding.

And mysteriously within the next several days it starts to snow and we have a cold snap, well it looks like we are about to recieve a biggy this time and Toky-Ohki has done the same as she did two years ago and pulled her own fur out.

Is this normal to Black Havana rabbits or is it an oddity habbit that she has, although I can now recognise a pattern in her actions, and she proves quite accurate in predicting Snow.

Jonathan

A close up pick of a bald skinny patch.

Two skinny patches on belly and a skinny leg

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

* sings *

He's in the Jailhouse now , he's in the Jailhouse now , well I told him once or twice .

To stop chewing wood and Pooping nice , he's in the jailhouse now.

Last edited by Toky-Ohki; 02-23-2005 at 03:09 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-23-2005, 03:44 PM

Red face

Wow Jon, she most definately is a weatherbunnygirl! We have had snow here all day! My bunnies have been out in it today, and didnt seem to mind!
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-23-2005, 08:22 PM Thread Starter

Did the snow where you are settle properly, only everything here melted, apparently there is supposed to be some more snow coming, heavier snow. Toky-Ohki will pluck herself bald

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

* sings *

He's in the Jailhouse now , he's in the Jailhouse now , well I told him once or twice .

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-24-2005, 01:23 AM

She's either a weather girl, or she thinks she's pregnant (which can happen with does that have never been bred before, or aren't bred very often)
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-24-2005, 04:38 AM Thread Starter

No toky-Ohki has nt been bred before, Barbara wanted my to consider baby buns using Schneeball, but I dont like the idea.

Toky-ohki has a funny temperment and I would be crossing a Mini Rex with a Havana Doe, some people would frown on me bad here if I done that.

P.S I dont have enough friends to offer a baby bunny to, so im not bothered at the slightest, Toky is either out of luck or she is a Weather bunny.

* sings *

post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-24-2005, 11:01 AM
PT's Official Law Breaker

Yep I would say she was having a false pregnancy. She doesn't want her imaginary snow babies to get cold
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-24-2005, 11:16 AM

Just because she thinks she's bred doesn't mean she is (hence False pregnancy). No worries, she'll get over it , though, it does sound more fun to pretend that she's a Weather Bunny
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-24-2005, 07:08 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

My female rabbits used to pluck their hair out sometimes and make a nest out of it, normally sign of a false pregnancy so i wouldn't worry too much. Weather bunny sounds very cute though and the fur will certainly come in handy for her on these cold winter nights

Kirsty

Visit Degu Rock - Dedicated to Degu Care & Welfare Worldwide

post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-24-2005, 07:18 PM Thread Starter

= ^ _ ^ =

This evening in South Norwood there will be Isolated snow showers , and then fine snow that may persist part way through the night, and maybe more snow flurries early Friday morning.

Mew Mew Rummmm!

* sings *

Last edited by Toky-Ohki; 02-24-2005 at 07:21 PM.

Tags
baby bunny, mini rex