Is It too soon? - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Rabbit Discussion All things floppy.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-27-2005, 10:20 PM
nikky

Question Is It too soon?

as you all know i lost my Rabbit last Thursday, and now the female that baby was with is threting as baby was like nanas own. She sits in the corner all day and there no excitement out of nana she does not eat as much but still getting enough. shoud i get nana another little friend ( i'd feel like id be replacing baby but she will always be in my heart) or should i just wait and i know nana will get there but she loved having some one to look after. what is your opinion please help.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-28-2005, 02:36 PM
Part of the Pack

hello

i think it would be a good idea as long as you're sure Nana will accept another rabbit. you may want to get a young male. I only say this because females are so territorial... had she and Baby been together forever or were they introduced when they were older? perhaps Nana is just a very loving and nurturing bunny who will accept any other bunny companions- if this is the case then i think you should get her a friend. it could help her to forget the loss of Baby and not get lonesome.

however- if you think there is any chance she might not accept a new bunny friend then i would hold off on getting a new one. it may end up stressing her even more if she has already lost her Baby and then a new rabbit comes into her territory.

this is just my opinion, if you're sure Nana will accept a new bunny than i would go for it it could help her heal from the loss of Baby, but if you are not absolutely sure of that then I would wait a while

good luck with whatever you decide to do! hopefully somone on here has experienced something like this and give you more definate advice.

Last edited by Fane81; 11-28-2005 at 02:45 PM.
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-28-2005, 03:45 PM
nikky

thank you fane81, nana was introdused to baby when nana was 13 weeks and baby was only 6weeks so im sure nana would except another bunny in her life. thank you for all you help and suggestions.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-28-2005, 04:09 PM
Part of the Pack

your welcome.

and i hope that you can find Nana a new bunny that is as loving as she is. i am sorry about your loss of Baby, and sometimes bringing a new pet into your home can help ease the pain for you as well it will probably help Nana, plus it will give a new bun a happy home. i know whenever one of my rats passes on i always bring more back home to their little colony. it doesn't make me any less sad over the loss but it gives me hope when i have new pets to love.

i haven't lost any pet bunnies yet, i have two female dwarfs that are under a year right now. i can only imagine the void it will leave when i ever lose either of them... sorry you are going through it now

but as i said before- good luck if you do decide to bring home a new bunny companion for Nana. i hope he/she helps her and you cope with the loss of Baby.
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-28-2005, 05:38 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

I personally think bunnies should be kept in pairs at least, so maybe getting a little friend will be a good idea.. Whatever decision you choose should be whats best for you and Nana.. If you decide to get another, just take it slowly when introducing them.. Keep us informed and good luck!

Steph ~ Owned by 4 bunnies and 5 degus..

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble
attribute of man." Charles Darwin

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-28-2005, 05:59 PM
nikky

thanks guys im going o start having a look around for new mini lop bunny but i think ill get one over 9 weeks old because of what happened to baby don't think i could do it all again.

post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-29-2005, 04:50 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

Good luck and keep us informed!

post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-01-2005, 12:52 AM
nikky

hi everyone today ive been out all day looking for a new mini lop bunny !!!!!all day ive been from pet store to pet store, i just wanted to get every dog, cat, fish, rabbit and all the other animals that i seen. Finally i found this perfect little girl 9 weeks old, she is grey and so shy!!!!! Nana took to her straight away, i'll post pics of all my bunnys a little later. but im so proud to be there owner they are great little bunnys. Can't wait to sho you all pics of all my bunnys.

post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-01-2005, 03:54 PM
Resident Aquarium Nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikky
hi everyone today ive been out all day looking for a new mini lop bunny !!!!!all day ive been from pet store to pet store, i just wanted to get every dog, cat, fish, rabbit and all the other animals that i seen. Finally i found this perfect little girl 9 weeks old, she is grey and so shy!!!!! Nana took to her straight away, i'll post pics of all my bunnys a little later. but im so proud to be there owner they are great little bunnys. Can't wait to sho you all pics of all my bunnys.
Congrats! I can't wait to see pics!

~Stephanie

"We weep for a bird's cry, but not for a fish's blood. Blessed are those with a voice."

post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-01-2005, 04:36 PM
nikky

ill post pics tonight or first thing in the morning

post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-01-2005, 05:04 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

Congrats, look forward to seeing the pics!!!

post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-01-2005, 05:55 PM
nikky

thanks Steph.

post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-01-2005, 05:58 PM
nikky

ive got a name too my daughter picked it " meme " i thought it was cute if i let her pick it, she did pretty okay i think.

Tags
mini lop, pet store