training book? - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Rabbit Discussion All things floppy.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-19-2007, 09:59 PM Thread Starter
Movin' Up in the Pack

training book?

Are there any good books that teach how to clicker train or target train rabbits?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-20-2007, 12:08 AM
Resident Aquarium Nerd

Not that I know of but there was an article about clicker training (and if I remember correctly it also talked about target training...unless I'm thinking of two different articles) small animals in Critters USA 2007 magazine .

I think some of the Rabbits USA magazines have talked about training but I don't know which ones. This weekend I'll look through my magazines and see which ones have training articles.

~Stephanie

"We weep for a bird's cry, but not for a fish's blood. Blessed are those with a voice."

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-20-2007, 08:31 PM Thread Starter
Movin' Up in the Pack

I think I read that article and it talked about clicker training for feral rabbits, to try to tame them enough for adoption, but it has been so long since I read it, I'm not sure either.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-20-2007, 11:29 PM
Resident Aquarium Nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonchild
I think I read that article and it talked about clicker training for feral rabbits, to try to tame them enough for adoption, but it has been so long since I read it, I'm not sure either.
Nope, the article in Critters USA was about clicker training all different kinds of pets...rabbits, guinea pigs, rats, etc. Even hamsters .

I'll go look....

Ok, I found two magazines with training articles (I'll let ya know if I find more).

Critters USA 2007- "Critter Clicker Training" page 86

Although it says "Clicker Training" it actually talks about target training too. The article is for all small animals.

Rabbits USA 2005- "Clicker Training For Rabbits" page 46

Once again it also talks about target training . I believe this is the article that got me interested in target training, actually. Though before that I had trained my rabbits using command words and treats .

~Stephanie

"We weep for a bird's cry, but not for a fish's blood. Blessed are those with a voice."

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-21-2007, 12:05 PM Thread Starter
Movin' Up in the Pack

Thanks so much. I'm sure I have those magazines somewhere. I just have to figure out which box to unpack.

Tags
clicker training, guinea pig