Treats! - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Rabbit Discussion All things floppy.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-10-2011, 02:18 PM Thread Starter
Newborn Pup

Treats!

What treats did you use for training? Any tips?

My bun doesn't seem to have any interest in carrots. I need something small that i can use for a reward system.

I was thinking raisons, or yougurt drops?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-10-2011, 03:43 PM
Betta Bomb

Don't use yogurt drops bc they're high in sugar and some bunnies cannot digest the milk proteins. Raisins and homemade treats are good. Craisins too.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-10-2011, 08:20 PM
Resident Aquarium Nerd

I use dried fruits (papaya, apple, pineapple), vegetables (carrots, kale), and flower petals (mostly rose petals) . I also give stuff from their regular salads as treats (like romaine lettuce).

~Stephanie

"We weep for a bird's cry, but not for a fish's blood. Blessed are those with a voice."

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-11-2011, 11:28 AM
Betta Bomb

rose petals?? That's a new one! Can mini rose petals do? I've been trying to find an excuse for buying one
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-11-2011, 08:46 PM
Resident Aquarium Nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple-Hops View Post
rose petals?? That's a new one! Can mini rose petals do? I've been trying to find an excuse for buying one
I mostly buy mine . But I don't see why not!

~Stephanie

"We weep for a bird's cry, but not for a fish's blood. Blessed are those with a voice."

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-12-2011, 07:50 PM
Betta Bomb

See, I like plants in my care to grow and look awesome. (I always tend to kill plants by some freak way but I still keep trying) So, I would like to grow a mini rose bc my work's floral department sells them (and I already breifly glanced over an article and they're safe for cats.. Not that Oliver could give two poops about plants)

I grow my own herbs which are also a GREAT treat for bunnies!! Herbs need frequent trimming and bunnies are always eager to eat! Acacia LOVED my dill plant but I let it die at my old place (not after I harvested it's seeds!!)
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-12-2011, 11:28 PM
Resident Aquarium Nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple-Hops View Post
See, I like plants in my care to grow and look awesome. (I always tend to kill plants by some freak way but I still keep trying) So, I would like to grow a mini rose bc my work's floral department sells them (and I already breifly glanced over an article and they're safe for cats.. Not that Oliver could give two poops about plants)

I grow my own herbs which are also a GREAT treat for bunnies!! Herbs need frequent trimming and bunnies are always eager to eat! Acacia LOVED my dill plant but I let it die at my old place (not after I harvested it's seeds!!)
Yeah, my bunnies love herbs, too . The only one I grow is basil but I buy parsley, oregano, mint, etc. They make their meals more interesting.

~Stephanie

post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-13-2011, 08:08 AM
Betta Bomb

To supplement the herbs I am not currently growing (come on March!) I buy these organic pre-washed plastic tubs of herbs and mixed greens for Acacia. They're like 3-5$ per container and she gets up to 5 meals out of it.. But they are SO great for bunnies!

Tags
training, treats