Unbelievable!! Man-sized Rabbit!!!! - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Rabbit Discussion All things floppy.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-03-2006, 11:09 PM Thread Starter
User Is No Longer Welcome

Arrow Unbelievable!! Man-sized Rabbit!!!!

And I thought NOTHING could shock me.

--------------

HEY! IT'S BIGS BUNNY

February 3, 2006 -- What a wabbit! German Giant, one of the biggest bunnies on the face of the planet, tips the scales at 17 pounds — almost seven pounds more than the average rabbit of his breed.
And he’s still growing, according to German breeder Hans Wagner (above), whose hair-raising angora hare was the highlight of a recent rabbit fair in Berlin.
On all paws, German Giant, named for the world’s largest rabbit breed, stands 17 inches tall. And standing on his hind feet, he’s more than three feet tall.
To find out how unusual Wagner’s wabbit is, The Post contacted Six Bells Rabbitry in Arvada, Colo.
“That’s a huge animal. That’s amazing,” said breeder Michelle Jones. “In the States, it’s hard to get them past 12 to 15 pounds.”
How did German Giant get so big?
“I don’t feed him an unusual diet,” said Wagner. “He goes through more than his brothers and sisters, but he eats the same food mix. His favorite food is actually lettuce. He can never get enough of it.”
Herr Hare is unusual in another way, he noted. “Unlike some other rabbits I’ve had, he’s really a gentle character — a gentle giant.”

NY Post, Feb 3, 2006.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-03-2006, 11:10 PM Thread Starter

By the way, that rabbit must weigh SEVENTY pounds, not "17".
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-03-2006, 11:50 PM
Resident Aquarium Nerd

Aww! I would love to have a bunny that big .

~Stephanie

"We weep for a bird's cry, but not for a fish's blood. Blessed are those with a voice."

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-04-2006, 02:05 PM
Paw-Talk Addict

Holy smokes!
Man he's as big as my dog!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Adoption. Is the living option.
Can't Afford The Vet? Can't Afford the Pet!
post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-04-2006, 02:14 PM
Title Spy

Imagine taking that thing out in public! I bet you'd get a whole lot of gawkers. Lol, I know I'D stare

Owned by:
Three kitties (Hank, Napoleon, and The White One), two degus (Jay and Silent Bob), and a new chihuahua puppy (Gidget).

Special Pets in Heaven:
Bogus (cat), Dixie (dog), The Orange One (cat), baby iguana, and Charlotte (dog). I miss you all so much.
post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-04-2006, 02:17 PM
Part of the Pack

I would SO love to cuddle that bunny! Wow!

post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-04-2006, 07:37 PM Thread Starter

You don't want to get kicked accidentally by those legs. They could knock you down!

Imagine the lettuce bill!
post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-04-2006, 10:55 PM

Smile big bunny hug

I wish i coud hug it!!!

I just love animals
post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-05-2006, 12:43 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

I would love to have that bunny.. The sad thing is though, I bet the life expectancy is short..

Steph ~ Owned by 4 bunnies and 5 degus..

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble
attribute of man." Charles Darwin

post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-05-2006, 01:22 PM
Playful Pup

Imagine how big his teeth are!!!!!

Mother of:

Bear
Cadbury
Sassie

3 Fishies
Louie

post #11 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-09-2006, 07:29 AM
Paw Talk's prodicle son .

= ^ _ ^ =

WHO ATE ALL THE CARROTS!!

As a matter of fact I have very Dail mail newspaper article on my living room table right now, that is one HUUUGE bunny.

Herr Bunny
post #12 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-09-2006, 03:42 PM
Adolescent Pup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zouave
By the way, that rabbit must weigh SEVENTY pounds, not "17".
I agree with that 100%

Sherry

Mommy to 10
's

2 Kitties

3 doggies

1 fish

1 snake

1 iguana and 2 geckos

post #13 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-09-2006, 03:43 PM
Adolescent Pup

that is truly amazing...i wish i could get one like that.

Sherry

Mommy to 10
's

2 Kitties

3 doggies

1 fish

1 snake

1 iguana and 2 geckos

post #14 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-10-2006, 07:17 PM
Adolescent Pup

Well i know that french lops,british and flemish giants have between 3 and five years at best..due to their size they are very prone to heart disease.

Want to see some more? I would love to rehome one of them..but can you imagine this size with a sticky bottom!!

http://www.giantrabbitrescue.co.uk/
post #15 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-10-2006, 07:38 PM
I Have Foot-In-Mouth Syndrome

yeah, that's defianately not 17 pounds, my cat weighs 18 and he's no where near that big! unless that's a really tiny man...

I got a valentine!

3 cats, Yazi, Bit, and Thunder
8 rats, Bob, Cocoa, Zara, Kennit, Aviendha, Skewer, Bean, and Raleigh
3 mice, Briella, Sophie, and Jackson

Tags
flemish giant, flemish giants