Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner

Update on Molly's Fur

1K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  RSbunny 
#1 ·
This post is for those that tried to help me out with Molly's fur and her matts. I finally had a decent Cashmere Breeder come in to work on Friday so I asked her. She informed me that she was probably bred with a cashmere and a short hair so her fur is woolly and will always matt. She told me to sedate her to clip her but it's really not necessary and I'm not doing that. It turns out that there is no easy solution to her fur, I will have trouble with it for as long as she lives and she told me that the breeder should not have let her go to a home, she should have been put down. I agree that the breeder shouldn't be breeding but this is my baby, I'm glad she wasn't put down!!!! So I'm destined to groom her for two hours every week during shedding seasons and an hour a week when she's not shedding.
I had always said no more Cashmere's cause they were too hard to look after but this woman said she brushes hers for half an hour every month. So if I ever want a Cashmere again I'll be going to her!
Thanks anyway guys for all your help!

#3 ·
I know Steph she was so harsh! But she did tell me that she bred badly in the beginning and she refused to home them but she didn't want to put them down and so she looked after them for their whole life. So she was a bit confusing! :lol: But she had one of her babies in and it was absolutely gorgeous!! She knew what she was doing in the breeding sense.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.