VERY silly question - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Rabbit Discussion All things floppy.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-14-2008, 12:19 AM Thread Starter
Adolescent Pup

Question VERY silly question

I'm pretty new here, and I only browse the rabbit subforum, because I just adopted a bunny and I have questions. So I haven't caught up on all the old threads or anything, but I noticed something odd in the recent posts that I have read. There's that gender marker next to people's names, and it seems to me that I'm the only male poster in the bunny subforum. Why is that? And are any of you single and living in southern Florida?

--Fromper
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-14-2008, 05:56 AM
Super Moderator

Haha yeah I think most of us that have bunnies seem to be female, although there are some males, I just don't think they post as much!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-14-2008, 06:22 AM
Adolescent Pup

lol i just notice that... tooo bad i live in central florida lol

I LOVE MY BABIES:
OREYO & CARAMELA ( BUNNIES)
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

( RIP oreyo & caramela i love you
)
COTTEN & CANDY ( PARAKEETS)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-14-2008, 11:33 AM
Paw-Talk Addict

I know two single men who have rabbits, and then myself including I know some couples who have rabbits. My Fiance does the rabbit feedings every morning, though they are more 'my' rabbits then his.

Now that i think of it, I met two guys just a while ago that owned two bunnies. But yeah, I think more women own rabbits then men.

Adoption. Is the living option.
Can't Afford The Vet? Can't Afford the Pet!
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-14-2008, 11:55 AM
Super Moderator

Chris use to say that he thought rabbits were a girly pet and even thought the bunnies are techniquly both of ours, he told me that when I talk to any of his friends I have to say they're mine.

But that was before we got the bunnies. After we actually got Zeus he found out how awesome bunnies can be and I guess he changed his mind on the rabbits being girly thing, because now he likes to show his friends pictures and stuff of our rabbits.

But I don't think it's just the rabbit forum, I think there are just more active members that are girls on the forum in general.

post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-14-2008, 01:02 PM
Movin' Up in the Pack

Fromper, I live in southern Florida. Where do you live exactly?
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-14-2008, 02:37 PM Thread Starter
Adolescent Pup

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeggieQC View Post
Fromper, I live in southern Florida. Where do you live exactly?
Heh. I was mostly kidding about looking for single women on this site... mostly.

I'm in southern Palm Beach County. Actually, I just made a vet appointment to take Flash to http://www.exoticanimalcare.com/. Do you know them? They're recommended by H.A.R.E. in Miami, so that seemed like a good place take him for a checkup and neutering.

--Fromper
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-14-2008, 02:42 PM
Movin' Up in the Pack

Don't worry im not looking either We're starting to have more and more Floridians on this board , especially with bunnies.

I just posted on another thread about the place where you took an appointment. I'm VERY happy with them. I haven't been there in a while though. Tried to get your appointments with Dr. Kelleher, she's awesome!!!

Last edited by MeggieQC; 04-14-2008 at 02:44 PM.
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-14-2008, 03:39 PM
Adolescent Pup

i live close to that area too im more southern than centeral its kind in between... plam beach county is like 40- 50 minuets away from me .... for that place ur talkin about i heard about it alot and i thought about taking my rabbits their but i heard its really expensive... is it??

I LOVE MY BABIES:

)

Last edited by oreyo; 04-14-2008 at 03:41 PM. Reason: actually i just checked plam beach county on mapques its more like a hour and half away so thats pretty far
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-14-2008, 03:50 PM
Playful Pup

I'm laughing at your post. We just got our first rabbit and even my kids are the way you described. Only my daughter is interested in him, my son pretty much just ignores the new bunny. I guess bunnies are mostly a girl thing. Guys seem to gravitate more towards giant people eating snakes and things like that.
post #11 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-14-2008, 03:59 PM
Movin' Up in the Pack

Quote:
Originally Posted by oreyo View Post
i live close to that area too im more southern than centeral its kind in between... plam beach county is like 40- 50 minuets away from me .... for that place ur talkin about i heard about it alot and i thought about taking my rabbits their but i heard its really expensive... is it??
Well to answer your question anyways. 1 year ago I would pay $40 for just a regular check up + nail trimming
, then got a second bunny so it would by $60 for both.

Prices probably have changed. Tax season is over and this reminds me that I have to go for a checkup.
post #12 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-14-2008, 04:02 PM
Adolescent Pup

actually i have 2 brothers and they looove my rabbits they love playing with them and letting them sleep next to them even infront of their girls, like when my brother talks to his feince on the phone he would be telling her about them and some crazy things they do for like half the time their on the phone lol( i think she's starting to get jelouse from my rabbits lol)

I LOVE MY BABIES:

)

post #13 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-14-2008, 04:03 PM
Adolescent Pup

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeggieQC View Post
Well to answer your question anyways. 1 year ago I would pay $40 for just a regular check up + nail trimming
, then got a second bunny so it would by $60 for both.

Prices probably have changed. Tax season is over and this reminds me that I have to go for a checkup.
what about neutering??

I LOVE MY BABIES:

)

post #14 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-14-2008, 04:11 PM Thread Starter
Adolescent Pup

They said neutering Flash would be about $140, on top of the price of the mandatory checkup that goes with it.

--Fromper
post #15 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-14-2008, 06:51 PM
Can't Stop Touching Her Eyes

My hubby loves our buns. I think it's just that many people (guys especially) don't realize how wonderful bunnies are.

Central Florida - too bad - I am not looking for me - but my sister in law is now free. I think you are a bit too far away - besides my sil is not that big on animals. She likes them but not for herself.

mommy to
Tyler - kitty
Oscar - water turtle
Bean - kitty
Frankie - dachshund
Belle - dachshund
Oliver - bunny
Ophelia - bunny
Penelope - bunny
Teddy - bunny -ok I have given up on 4 of a kind and am willing to settle for 2 pairs.
8 fishes - RIP Little Guy and Greta
and Tabatha - October 11, 2006 - rest in peace our sweet angel bunny