A Vet Surprise - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Rabbit Discussion All things floppy.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-25-2008, 07:20 PM Thread Starter
Adolescent Pup

A Vet Surprise

SO, my little bunner boy... yeah, he's a girl. :-/ Ooops. I feel bad, like I've been insulting her for two weeks. She doesn't seem to mind though. So now we're back to the drawing boards, since we gave her such a masculine name. :-)

Other than that, the vet went well. Found a teeny bald patch, so the vet decided to treat her for mites, especially since she's pretty fresh from the breeder. I'm assuming there is no way she could have gotten them here?

Tomorrow hopefully I will post some pics of my little
GIRLY and a new name!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

George orwell
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-25-2008, 10:47 PM
Can't Stop Touching Her Eyes

I just told Teddy the story because I was told he was a girl at first. He giggled and said if you want to be sure she is not too upset he recommends a raisin.
He said that raisins make every thing all better.
But if she has not had them yet only give her one little one - that is from me not Teddy. Teddy would recommend just leaving the entire container in her cage with her. He is always telling me he can "watch" the raisins. Never trust a bunny that offers to watch treats.

mommy to
Tyler - kitty
Oscar - water turtle
Bean - kitty
Frankie - dachshund
Belle - dachshund
Oliver - bunny
Ophelia - bunny
Penelope - bunny
Teddy - bunny -ok I have given up on 4 of a kind and am willing to settle for 2 pairs.
8 fishes - RIP Little Guy and Greta
and Tabatha - October 11, 2006 - rest in peace our sweet angel bunny
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-26-2008, 02:45 AM
Salamander Burgermuffin

tricky little Teddy!

shanie, dont feel too bad about it.. we thought our rabbit was a boy for a whole year! we took her to a not so rabbit savy vet a month or so after we got her.. who really seemed to know what he was talking about btw.. But yeah.. he said it was a boy.. So we named him hoppity.. but a year later we took him to a lady who used to breed rabbits, she offered to trim his nails for us, since at the time he wouldnt let us pick him up.. She said our he was a she.... which made perfect since to me, since i always thought 'he' was a little diva-ish Anyway, hoppity still sticks as her name.. but now its Mizz Hoppity Just really goes to show that you have to be very careful when choosing a vet for your rabbit.. alot of vets think they know what there doing, when really they dont. Rabbits are very different from cats or dogs and a vet who thinks hes trying to help could end up doing more harm than good.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Furry Family
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-26-2008, 01:25 PM

post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-27-2008, 09:32 PM Thread Starter
Adolescent Pup

angel- we are actually very lucky. about 45 mins form us is an animal clinic that delas only with birds, exotics and small animals. we showed up and they immediately handed us a packet of rabbit info. the vet was awesome, she answered all our questions after she learned this was our first bun, and taught us how to trim her nails and stuff. "lucy" as we have now named our bunner girl, also enjoyed meeting all the big buns in the waiting room!

George orwell
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-28-2008, 10:24 AM
Super Moderator

Aww don't feel bad, that happens a lot more often with rabbits then you would think!

post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-06-2008, 10:44 PM
Betta Bomb

Ahh, you have been blessed with the presence of a lady bunny!! hahaha,your stories crack me up but i too,am guily of un-assurances regarding genders...