I know on that site I linked too, it says the walnut hulls and green shells are toxic. So maybe not the whole walnut, but does the litter specify which part of the walnut it uses?
And I know for other animals like dogs, they say not to let them eat walnuts because they can cause impaction, parts of them are toxic, and because of a kind of mold that can grow on the nuts if they get wet. The mold releases toxins that can be deadly if ingested. I'd worry a bit that if the walnuts are being used for litter, the same kind of mold may be able to still grow on them when they get wet. If the toxins can be deadly to dogs, I'd imagine they wouldn't be good for rabbits.
I don't know, I really couldn't find too much about rabbits and walnuts. You'll have to let us know if you learn anything more!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Last edited by Dragonrain; 04-15-2012 at 07:56 PM.