Water bottle problem. - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Rabbit Discussion All things floppy.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-03-2011, 10:50 PM Thread Starter
Newborn Pup

Thumbs down Water bottle problem.

Okay well I have a water bottle for my rabbit and it is probably not the best one, but it seems like it doesn't really keep water flowing all the time, like i have to test it multiple times and half of the time nothing comes out. I constantly have to squeeze the bottle a bit to make some come out. I guess I should get a new one, but this one is brand new and I don't think it should have this problem.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-04-2011, 05:39 AM
Adolescent Pup

LIX is a good brand also the kind that don't have the ball but instead they have a spout. Much healthier because the bacteria cant get back into the bottle

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-04-2011, 05:48 AM Thread Starter
Newborn Pup

Thanks I'll try that!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-04-2011, 12:16 PM
Betta Bomb

Yea, bottles harbour the worst kind of things. Especially if the sun hits it at any time of the day O.o They're hard to clean and fun for bunny to chew. That said, I kept a bottle for Akina for a while bc she ALWAYS flipped the metal bowl. What a fun game! -_- Anyway, I kept the bottle on the outside of the pen with the nozzle sticking through. Some bunnies still manage to chew them this way however.

Good luck!! I think the best material you can use is stainless steel. It's easy to clean. Only thing is changing the water twice a day or at least once a day to keep oxygen active.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-05-2011, 03:06 AM
Fluffy Gerbilshorts

Is it a plastic bottle?

Sometimes water bottles can be tricky to fill to keep the water flowing properly.

When you fill it DONT OVER FILL. Just fill it until there is some space at the top. Turn the bottle over then tap the ball with your finger to get the vacuum. This should help the flow issue but make sure it's working properly. Sometimes there are just bad water bottles.

When I had rats I went through a ton of water bottles thinking they were broken and I was just filling them wrong.

*Missy*
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-05-2011, 05:57 AM Thread Starter
Newborn Pup

Haha yeah I figured out that it was just too full so I only fill it a bit and it works great now. It's a pretty big water bottle so it doesn't need to be completely full for him to have enough water for the day anyway.

Tags
water bottle