We met the brothers!! - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Rabbit Discussion All things floppy.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-04-2004, 12:31 PM Thread Starter
Fertile Myrtle

We met the brothers!!

They're sooo cute and sweet. A little shy but I could tell they'd warm right up, one kept coming to the door, the other wasn't as sure. But oh how they cuddled each other!!!

The staff, on the other hand, was extremely disappointing. The lady came over and told me that I could pet the bunnies but because of liability Ryland couldn't because if one of them bit him he'd have to be quarantined and would stand less of a chance of survival than I would. WTF? If the bunny has a deadly disease why would they let me adopt him? Grrr. I was so mad. I asked her how I was supposed to judge their personality without opening the cage. She said I could but not Ryland, yeah right, tell that to him. I locked the cage and he almost burst into tears.

We left. I adored the bunnies but had a serious allergy attack - plus I didn't want to get the first ones we saw, I want to make a good decision. So, when Ry gets up from his nap we're going to see the male dwarf.

I'm not sure if my reaction was to the bunnies, the cats or both. I'm hoping that taking Claritin will keep it under control, I have never seen Ryland so excited. He LOVES all animals but was squealing and saying "bunbuns" over and over again.

Wife to an amazing man,
mom to three wonderful kids (9, 5.10, 4),
2 dogs, 3 hermit crabs and 2 bettas

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-04-2004, 12:47 PM
PT's Official Law Breaker

Huh? What disease were they supposed to have? That is bizarre.

Was there hay there Christi? Often people are allergic to the hay, you can get around that by feeding hay cubes rather than loose hay if it is a real problem.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-04-2004, 12:55 PM Thread Starter
Fertile Myrtle

Yes, there was hay. I had that problem with my chinchillas and did the cubes. I can't remember if I was allergic to my bunny when I was younger but I probably was. LOL I really want a bunny, not sure I'll let allergies stop me. I wish you could have seen Ryland!!

Not sure what disease, she was just trying to scare me. It seems counterproductive to me for them to be so lazy and unfriendly, if they really cared about these animals they'd be all over you the second you walked in the door trying to convince you to fall in love with the animals, ya know?

Wife to an amazing man,

|

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-04-2004, 01:00 PM
Tongue Tied..Literally!

I need to read the bun forum more often! Are you going to look elsewhere? That is a shame the staff was so cold towards Ryland. I have never met Ryland in person but I know you are an excellent mum who taught her son to respect animals. A rabbit would be a wonderful pet for Ryland. I hope you get to adopt one (or two) soon.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-04-2004, 01:02 PM Thread Starter
Fertile Myrtle

Yes, there are a few more we want to see before we make a decision. The shelter we're going to next has a young dward male that is supposedly very friendly. His adioption fee is waived if I buy a cage, food and litter from them. So, we'll see. I'll take my camera this time.

Wife to an amazing man,

|

post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-04-2004, 02:59 PM
Tarzan Mama of Two

omg Christi the people that run that shelter sound like weirdos! good luck at the next one!!!!

Too lazy to even think of a siggy
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-05-2004, 01:52 AM
Paw-Talk Therapist

I agree with what Carmen said.....Good luck on your search, and I'm sure when the time is right you'll find the right bunny or bunnies to have in your family
Poor little Ryland, what he must have felt

MCBA Member

Submit your info today

I Sell Chinchilla Supplies!

Tags
hay cubes