Weeping eye - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Rabbit Discussion All things floppy.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 06-29-2007, 04:29 PM Thread Starter
Adolescent Pup

Weeping eye

I am posting this up for a friend. Her rabbit that I gave her about 6 months back has had a bad eye for about 3 months now. It keeps weeping and stuff dribbling out of it. She took him to the vet about 2 months ago and he said something like straw had got into there and irritated it. He was given some eye drops and my friend gives him eye baths but it dosn't seem to be healing. Does anyone know what she should do?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Vixen
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Zoo!!!

Polo, Pepper, Solo, Bullet, Trigger, Bandit and Gem

About 50 of them

(rats) Ebony and Sotty
(Chickens) Persephone, Penny, Pandora and Pansy
Giant Afircan land snails
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 06-29-2007, 04:47 PM
Adolescent Pup

I'm no expert but I would think that if the eye drops aren't working that maybe the weepy eye is being caused by something else.

My bunny, Dude, had e-cuniculi last year which left him with a permanent head tilt. Back in February, his right eye (the one tilted toward the ground) started to weep. The vet gave him an eye ointment (Gentamicin) that we used 3 times a day for 2 weeks. It has since gotten better but still weeps slightly on occasion.

The vet told me that there are numerous causes for a weepy eye. I would suggest that your friend take the bunny back in. Maybe there is another cause for the weepy eye other than the irritation from the hay.

~ Debrya