Weird Bunny Habits - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Rabbit Discussion All things floppy.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-10-2006, 07:43 PM Thread Starter
Resident Aquarium Nerd

Weird Bunny Habits

As you might have read, my neutered male rabbit, Elvis, builds nests. I was wondering, what are your rabbits' funny habits? Stash sleeps in bookshelves and laundry baskets. Sparkie always grooms the area in front of him before lying down (what can I say...he's a neat freak!). Sakura knows how to empty waterbottles and finds it fun so now she uses a bowl. And besides building nests, Elvis has many other strange hobbies. He rips little circles into his towel...they're all lined up and almost perfect. He doesn't eat the towel at all...just makes holes. He also has this one game where he gathers up a ton of hay in his mouth and runs around like crazy...trying to grab more hay as he goes without stopping or dropping any (though he usually ends up spilling it and then I have a huge mess to clean up!).

Oh, and Sparkie will litterally eat anything. A while ago I was trying to get him to play (he doesn't seem to understand what toys are for) and was showing him Sakura's squeaky ball. I left for two seconds and came back to find he had eaten half the ball . Psycho. He also nearly swallowed a twist tie a few weeks ago and earlier this week tried to eat my shoelaces...while I was walking!!

So, what weird things do your rabbits do? Or am I the only one with crazy bunnies?

~Stephanie

"We weep for a bird's cry, but not for a fish's blood. Blessed are those with a voice."

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-10-2006, 07:59 PM
Suffers from Title Envy

Ryo licks the carpet all the time!!!
she also races in circles around the bed room.
Alex can jump over anything, and has the longest hang time i have ever seen

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-12-2006, 04:21 AM
Playful Pup

Clover chases pigeons away from our garden! We put bread out for them but he thinks is is his bread, and tries to stop them getting any. The funniest thing is when he's shut in his run and the pigeons come down, he can't get to them so he runs up and down madly trying to get rid of them. It is only pigeons he chases. Starlings and blackbirds don't fly away from him, and magpies chase him!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-12-2006, 04:44 AM
Paw Talk's prodicle son .

Schneeball has a strange thing going on now when he is on my bed he will have a quick scratch and then he does this massaging technique where he moves both his two front paws forwards, he may do this up to four times.

Also when I have had him at Grandpa Rex's on the Office swivel chair he will sudenly go nuts if he hears a Packet of tea being rustled or a plastic bag, and once I caught him stealing malteasers from a box when he jumped onto the table from the chair.

* sings *

He's in the Jailhouse now , he's in the Jailhouse now , well I told him once or twice .

To stop chewing wood and Pooping nice , he's in the jailhouse now.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-12-2006, 10:11 AM
I Stash Little Debbies

My dutch Charlie will run circles around anyone's feet when they're standing up. If their feet are spread wide enough apart he'll do figure eights.

My dwarf Daisy loves Star Wars video games (my husband plays them). She will even stand up in front of the tv watching it. She'll watch anything else from the couch - but she gets sooo excited about Star Wars.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-16-2006, 03:50 PM
Newborn Pup

My Flopsy does circles around my feet as well. She also does this little soft grunting noise when she comes up to me and I tell her to "give mommy a kiss" and she puts her nose to my lips. She also loves playing dead...lol...sorry, but the first time I seen that I freaked. Now she just does it to get attention...nearly all the way on her back up against a corner or wall with her eyes half open. Eeyore nudges me all the time and he is nicknamed Mr. Licky. If you pet his butt, his little tongue just starts licking anything...even the air. I think it's ticklish
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-17-2006, 02:11 PM
I Stash Little Debbies

i love bunnies

i'm amazed by how surprised non-rabbit people are when i tell them what characters rabbits can be. i worked with a lawyer a few years ago whose wife was an animal lover and i talked him into getting her a bunny for her birthday - she loved him. i saw him at a store a month ago and he carries around a picture of that bun and a new one they got in his wallet; he had their picture taking professionally! - i created a monster!! well, not really...
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-18-2006, 01:55 PM
Can't Stop Touching Her Eyes

Tabatha stretches out her back foot so she can rest her head on it. Does anyone elses bun do that?
Also she tends to sleep very flat to the ground. The vet told me that may be the way she feels most comfortable b/c of her head tilt.

mommy to
Tyler - kitty
Oscar - water turtle
Bean - kitty
Frankie - dachshund
Belle - dachshund
Oliver - bunny
Ophelia - bunny
Penelope - bunny
Teddy - bunny -ok I have given up on 4 of a kind and am willing to settle for 2 pairs.
8 fishes - RIP Little Guy and Greta
and Tabatha - October 11, 2006 - rest in peace our sweet angel bunny
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-22-2006, 08:39 PM
Part of the Pack

When I had my dwarf, Buster, and my sister's rabbit Zues, who quickly became MY rabbit `.` I gave them a little hollow plastic (thin plastic) cube with beads in it. Well I heard those things all night long, i thought, what great fun they must be having!
Next day, picked up the cube, half of it was missing, and no beads in sight, lol.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-23-2006, 09:35 PM
BSG
Newborn Pup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fubie
When I had my dwarf, Buster, and my sister's rabbit Zues, who quickly became MY rabbit `.` I gave them a little hollow plastic (thin plastic) cube with beads in it. Well I heard those things all night long, i thought, what great fun they must be having!
Next day, picked up the cube, half of it was missing, and no beads in sight, lol.
My rabbit Skittles used to take my bead tubes and toss them around the room, but I was worried one would open and she'd eat them. I actually found a cat toy that is HARD plastic with little balls in it, like beads. Needless to say that is now her favourite toy!!

As for odd habits, Skittles has a shelf in her cage (an upper level to sleep on) and when she wakes up she will leave her back legs on the shelf and stretch down to the floor. The other day she managed to reach her water in that position... very strange - and flexible!

Tags
animal lover, neutered male