We're new to the group - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Rabbit Discussion All things floppy.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-26-2006, 10:02 PM Thread Starter
Playful Pup

Smile

Hi Everyone

I've been reading the forum for a few days, and would like to introduce myself and my bunnies. Their names are Gravy and Biscuit. There's a little bit of a story behind that. Gravy was originally named 'Bugs' but I work with a bunch of hunters that kept kidding me about cooking her with gravy, so one day I started calling her Gravy and it just stuck.

She was a gift for my daughter from her ex-fiance, and when she called and told me she had a bunny, I said NO WAY - No animals in the house - it'll have to stay at his house. Well, then she brought home this adorable little bundle of fur for me to see and I instantly fell in love. To make a long story short, I kind of took over the bunny and now she's more mine than my daughters.... lol. She's about 7 months old now and I think she's a mini rex - here's a picture:

Biscuit kind of fell into his name because we already have Gravy and the two just go together so well He's my rescue bunny. My next door neighbor found him hopping around in her front yard and called me. I was expecting to see a wild bunny, but when I got over there, they had this beautiful tan and brown bunny in a wire cage. He had picked all the fur off of the upper part of his hind legs and under his belly and he had fleas. I put him in a small cage and brought him in the house. He's so lovable. I don't know if he escaped from someone's hutch or if they put him out, but there's no way I'd return him because of the shape he was in. We've been to the vet and she says he's about 2 years old. She treated him for mites and fleas and clipped the matted hair off of his underside & tail. He's only been with us about a week and he's already doing binkies. The best I can come up with on his breed is American Sable, maybe. If anyone has any idea, please let me know. Here's a picture of him:

Right now they're in separate rooms, but I plan to bond them after they're both fixed.

Well, I guess I've blabbed on long enough - I just love talking about my babies!!

Lucy
BunMom
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-26-2006, 10:14 PM
Resident Aquarium Nerd

Welcome!!!

I have rabbits too...they're the best .

~Stephanie

"We weep for a bird's cry, but not for a fish's blood. Blessed are those with a voice."

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-26-2006, 11:04 PM
Suffers from Title Envy

WELCOME!!!! there are lots of great people here. im glad to see another bunny person on the forum!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-27-2006, 12:17 PM
Movin' Up in the Pack

Hi there!! Your bunnies are gorgeous! GREAT job on rescueing Biscuit!
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-27-2006, 04:21 PM
Part of the Pack

hello!

your rabbits are so adorable! i loooove Gravy's ears! and i think that is so wonderful that Biscuit has found a home with you! he's so cute! and to think- he went from being a lost and homeless little bunny to a happy binkie-bunny!!!!how precious!

2 crazy little girl bunnies:
Ninnles &
Luna ...and... 2 beautiful and wonderful rattles:

Pixie & Mischief... and... 1 sweet little chinchilla
Neo... and last ~ but not least ~ 7 crazy cats & kittens:
Dorian, Ana, V, Evie, Dantes, Maggie, & Sparrow

post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-28-2006, 09:40 PM Thread Starter
Playful Pup

Thank you all for the warm welcome. I'm really enjoying being here and I hope to talk to all of you guys and learn as much as I can about our wonderful bundles of fur
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-29-2006, 12:03 PM
Movin' Up in the Pack

Very good looking bunnies!

Shannon

Mother to a beautiful girl!

post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-30-2006, 05:29 PM
Adolescent Pup

aw gravy looks like our Bif a bit...shes a rescue bun...
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-30-2006, 05:36 PM
Paw Talk's prodicle son .

Aww what a couple of charmers these bunnies are.

= ^ _ ^ =

Gravy and Biscuit.

Welcomes

* sings *

He's in the Jailhouse now , he's in the Jailhouse now , well I told him once or twice .

To stop chewing wood and Pooping nice , he's in the jailhouse now.
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-16-2006, 03:57 PM
Newborn Pup

Very adorable bunnies! I wish I could take every homeless bunny, they are just the sweetest little friends.
post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-17-2006, 01:52 PM
I Stash Little Debbies

binkies are the best - that's the sign of a truly happy bunny - which he has you to thank for that!

Gravy is one of the prettiest rexes i've ever seen! Biscuit looks like a good match for her.

i got Charlie before my husband and i were married - my parents said the same thing - "no bunnies in this house", so he lived with my future-husband. now they beg for pictures of my two buns and almost treat them as though they were their grand kids (Charlie has had his own Christmas stocking at my parents house two years running!)
post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-17-2006, 02:53 PM
Movin' Up in the Pack

Quote:
Originally Posted by jewels
binkies are the best - that's the sign of a truly happy bunny - which he has you to thank for that!
I've never had a bunny...what's a binkie?
post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-17-2006, 03:11 PM
I Stash Little Debbies

a binky is when a bunny (usually in a hyper moment) will jump up in the air and kick his heels together, and will sometimes be accompanied with an ear shake and, if you're lucky, a squeak of joy - my Charlie will jump off the wall as well

it's very very cute to see

Tags
hind legs, mini rex, wire cage