What I wanna do! - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Rabbit Discussion All things floppy.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 34 (permalink) Old 10-21-2004, 04:15 PM Thread Starter

What I wanna do!

Haven't you noticed how the fashion this year is rabbit fur? It sickens me to see all these things like hats, gloves, coats, shawls, gloves, and shirts are all made of rabbit fur. I might as well put Charlie and Caesar on my head!
So, technically couldn't I take my rabbits into Macy's? They couldn't kick them out, their cousins are hangin on racks all over the place. I would love to take Charlie and Caesar to the mall, it would serve those people that came up with this stupid fashion right!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 34 (permalink) Old 10-21-2004, 04:38 PM

I'd walk in with a shirt covered in shed rabbit hair rom holding the rabbits and tell them it looks better that way. LOL.
post #3 of 34 (permalink) Old 10-21-2004, 05:22 PM

My thoughts exactly. I went into a store and saw a jean jacket I liked that was lined in fur. I looked at the tag and it said something like lubin. I had no clue what that was so I asked the lady when I brought it up to the register. She said rabbit. I was so upset! I put it back and told her I didnt want it. Then she asks me why and I explain that I have a rabbit, etc. She says to me, "Its not like your rabbit is going to know." Is she a moron or what?!??!! That wasnt the point!!! Then she goes on and on about how rabbits are overpopulated anyway!

Im never going back there again....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 34 (permalink) Old 10-21-2004, 07:37 PM

Red face Fur..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheetara03
My thoughts exactly. I went into a store and saw a jean jacket I liked that was lined in fur. I looked at the tag and it said something like lubin. I had no clue what that was so I asked the lady when I brought it up to the register. She said rabbit. I was so upset! I put it back and told her I didnt want it. Then she asks me why and I explain that I have a rabbit, etc. She says to me, "Its not like your rabbit is going to know." Is she a moron or what?!??!! That wasnt the point!!! Then she goes on and on about how rabbits are overpopulated anyway!

Im never going back there again....
I don't blame you for putting the jacket back.. Any fur looks better on the animal it came from, than the person wearing it, whether its from a rabbit, mink, chinchilla etc etc.. Its amazing how many people/celebrities actually wear fur and claim to like animals or be vegetarian, Goldie Hawn, Gwyneth Paltrow and Madonna to name a few.. And just imagine how many animals died to make a item of clothing..
post #5 of 34 (permalink) Old 10-21-2004, 09:33 PM Thread Starter

It's so sad, and I wanna go do that, Cheetara could come with me, she lives really close to me! We'll show them what rabbits are!
post #6 of 34 (permalink) Old 10-22-2004, 11:30 AM

Well, you can like animals and still wear fur. I mean, some people would NEVER eat their rabbits, but could eat rabbit raised for meat. Plus, the way I see it is this; if the rabbit is being used for meat, anyway, you may as well make use of as much of the rabbit as possible. The more of each rabbit you use, the less rabbits have to be killed, right? Most commecial rabbit processers use the fur and the meat, not just one or the other. Angoras are the only exception because you don't have to kill the angora to harvest the fur. You just use the fur you brush out or shave it off once it is at the right length, then spin that into yarn. However, it is pretty stupid for celebs to claim they are animal rights and vegitatarians, etc. then wear fur. That is hypocritical.
post #7 of 34 (permalink) Old 10-23-2004, 12:43 AM

Even though rabbits are over populated its diffrent cuz our babbies aren't wild AND don't they breed rabbits to kill for their fur? Its not like they go out and catch them to kill them! lol what an idiot. I think wearing anytype of fur is just disgusting, I am ok with leather. But fur makes me fell awful, its like you've stolen thei skin.. well you have actaully lol, Well there's my input lol.

About takin the rabbit to the mall - Just use a big purse and put them in out, and when u get to the store make sure they can been seen lol "See I can wear fur WITHOUT killing an animal" lol

Last edited by LolaBunny; 10-23-2004 at 12:47 AM.
post #8 of 34 (permalink) Old 10-23-2004, 01:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LolaBunny
I am ok with leather. But fur makes me fell awful,
Just a question, how can you be against fur, but still wear leather? Your arguement is that the animal is raised and killed for the fur, but it's the same for leather. Either way, an animal dies for your clothes, so how is one any worse than the other?

Personally I have a leather coat and purse and chair and shoes, but I don't wear fur. I just think wearing fur is tacky these days but I'm not "against" it.
post #9 of 34 (permalink) Old 10-23-2004, 01:57 AM

I'll wear leather because it comes from cows, whos meat is eaten. Yes I know rabbit is eaten too, but not nearly as much as cow. I allso feel terrilbe wearing it. I don't really wear leather, but I have a leather purse and chair ect. And tihnk about how many cows it takes to make a leather purse, not even 1, think about how many rabbit or minks or w/e it takes to make a coat? More then 1 I assure you!
post #10 of 34 (permalink) Old 10-23-2004, 02:05 AM

It seems to me that the life of a cow is every bit as important as the life of a bunny, or even 50 bunnies. I don't think it matters whose skin you're wearing.
post #11 of 34 (permalink) Old 10-23-2004, 02:07 AM

I dunno I just figure cows are made to eat, and why waste their bodies? But I don't know anyone who eats rabbit, but I do know people who have rabbit/mink coats. I dunno lol. Same reason why I think hunting is ok as long as you eat the meat and use or sell the skin, I can't stand people who hunrt for sport.
post #12 of 34 (permalink) Old 10-23-2004, 02:10 AM

My uncle raises rabbits to eat them. It's not something most people advertise. Eating "pets" is not widely accepted like cows, pigs, etc.
post #13 of 34 (permalink) Old 10-23-2004, 02:12 AM

I dunno, I guess to a point I am ok with eating rabbits as long as they have never and will never be pets and are slaughtered humainly. Unlike horse slaughter, which I think must occur but NEEDS to be hamain.. ghosh its terrible how they do it!
post #14 of 34 (permalink) Old 10-23-2004, 02:15 AM

Yeah, it is. I will object to the consumption of animals as long as the animals are euthanized inhumanely, and neglected during their lives. If people would show the "food animals" compassion and treat them humanely always, I won't have any complaints with any of it. Nor fur, if, once again, they are treated humanely always, right down to their last moment alive.

I won't own fur, because I don't have a reason to have a fur coat, nor do I find fur coats to be attractive. If I ever move to say, Iceland, I may change my mind. there are some places where it just seems necesary.
post #15 of 34 (permalink) Old 10-23-2004, 02:23 AM

Sadly most animals are treated badly if they are 'food' animals. What I don't get about Horse Slaughtering is how come its illegal for us to eat horse meant yet we have hrose slaughter houses here? And I belive it is illegal for an american to own a horse saughter house, all the slaughter houses in the us are european own. I could NEVER eat a horse... I'd die, becuase horses, unlike most cows, have such personalities. I agree some fur coats are nessisary, but I don't think celeberties or anyone else needs them unless they live somewhere really cold. Either way I ithnk its a waste.

lol this is terrible but when I was younger my grandpad well he isn't the most sympathetic guy, and we went up to indiana for christmas and we stopped at my grandpa's work and he had 3 or 4 calves he was raisin for meat. Well later that year I rememeber getting an outragous amount of meat a whole freezer full! And I remeber wondering where it came from. So next winter we go down there and guess what no cows! And I ask my grandpa where are the cows "Well honey" he says "You ate one of them" I was so shocked I started balling, I was just young enough not to relize beef was cow. I still remeber that. He did keep one calf though for what ever reason. We only got lke 1/4ish - 1/3ish of the cow's meat and wow it was ALOT of meat! I was so mad at my grandpa for killing and even worse EATING his pet, as I viewed it.

Tags
endangered species