What is your bun's favorite toy? - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Rabbit Discussion All things floppy.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-30-2004, 02:29 PM Thread Starter
Part of the Pack

Question What is your bun's favorite toy?

I know we have all talked extensivly about bunny toys...but I need some ideas!

Ive tried: flip n toss carrot, wooden carrots, chew sticks, toilet paper roll stuffed with hay and a phone book.

I ordered a big basket of toys off busybunny.com, hopefully he will like something. Today I also bought some bird wooden toys that hang down from the top of the cage.

The one thing he will play with is a wooden toy with a treat in the center. Hes been eating all the wood to get to the treat.

So what is your buns favorite toy????????
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-30-2004, 02:51 PM
Paw-Talk Therapist

Mine aren't big on toys. Rusty has a jingle ball that he throws around, but he usually only throws it when he wants something! We joke that he could be a basketball player because he stands up on his hind legs and throws the ball really high! He also throws it into his water dish or his litter box. I have a thing that hangs in Sonora's pen and it has wood chews on it. She likes to chew the wood and throw it around. Their favorite toys are things that aren't toys. They loves boxes, so we give them boxes to play in and chew up. They like jumping on top of the boxes too. Sonora likes to chew and dig in the carpet. They like to play in towels and blankets. They will dig and push the towel around. They like plastic bags (of course this is not a good toy) but if there is a plastic bag in the room, they will dig in it (under my close supervision, but i don't suggest that as a toy). Have you tried paper bags? He might like to play in and chew up a paper bag. They also like to play in the cat carrier. I put a towel in it and they love to go in and throw the towel around and hang out in there.

My bunnies like to play games. They play chase with the cats. Rusty is very curious and he likes to climb on things. He jumps on the couch, and if I'm sitting or laying down he climbs all over me. They also like to make a game out of getting hay out of the hay bag. Its the same hay as whats in their bowl but they love reaching up into the hay bin and pulling the hay out of its bag, strand by strand. They both get a big thrill out of that. They also like coming into the kitchen to get treats out of the fridge. I usually give them a baby carrot if they come into the kitchen when I'm in there. So my bunnies are mainly into games and activities. They have a lot of toys but they really don't play with them that much. There is a cool toy that looks like a bunny. Its plastic and it has a bell. They try to push it over and it bounces back up. They like to push that thing around. You can put hay or treats inside it too.

The Busy Bunny is a cool site!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Rats have rights...& mice too!
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-30-2004, 05:04 PM
Misses Her Smilie Titles

My buns love the flip n' toss carrots and corn, they really do throw them around, it's so cute to watch them! Other than that, their litter box and bedding is their toy. They shove around the litter box, and push the bedding from one corner into the next!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-30-2004, 05:12 PM
Part of the Pack

Mines too is not too much into his toys. But I've seen him playing with a pine cone. Give it a try. If you cant have safe from the store. Wash it and put it in the oven at 250F for 1 hour. The only thing my bun plays with is cardboard boxes. If you have tiny ones to put in his cage, I'm sure he'll chew them and try to go on top. I also need ideas!
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-30-2004, 05:27 PM Thread Starter
Part of the Pack

Aww that is adorable!! The package I ordered from busybunny.com has pine cones in it....
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-31-2004, 01:59 PM
Resident Aquarium Nerd

Puchiko likes to play with this toy that hangs from the top of the cage...it's a treat dispenser...I forgot what it's called...>.<;;; It has a bell in it...
Sake likes the flip n' toss carrot and pretty much anything she can throw around (including her food dish!) . Sakura isn't too big on toys but she seems to enjoy rearranging sticks and leaves when she's outside

~Stephanie

"We weep for a bird's cry, but not for a fish's blood. Blessed are those with a voice."

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-31-2004, 02:41 PM
PT's Official Law Breaker

Mine love if you hook something to the side of the cage, like hard plastic measuring spoons, or cups, metal measuring spoons, or baby rattle keys, they will spend tons of time trying to pull it off or unhook whatever it is and then when they finally get it off they can throw it around the cage.

We also got plastic baseballs from the Dollar Tree and they roll those around the cage. And also from the Dollar Tree plastic baby boats, they love those for some reason.

My females seem to play with toys, much more than the males. The males just seem to use toys for target practice.
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-01-2004, 04:46 PM
Resident Aquarium Nerd

Oh!! I forgot two toys! Sake loves playing with Koosh balls, though if your rabbit chews alot don't leave them in the cage or it might rip a piece off and choke...And Sake also plays with slinkies alot ^_^.

~Stephanie

"We weep for a bird's cry, but not for a fish's blood. Blessed are those with a voice."

post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-01-2004, 05:47 PM
Fluffy Potatokisser

Lucky and Dutchie got a lot of expensive toys they don't even touch, what they do play with is cardboard drink holders from McDonalds or BK. They LOVE those things!! I usually cut them into 4 peices and give them to the chins and the buns and everyone has a blast tearing them to shreds! Dutchie hasn't been tearing his up lately though, he rather use it to beat the crap out of his wire hay cube! Goofy rabbit! His absolute favorite thing is having his face petted and rubbed though. He'll stay still for hours with his eyels closed in bliss! Lucky would rather just play fetch with the kids...they throw his toys and he actually retrieves them! (He thinks he's a dog)

Chin Mom to Lila, Skye, Ty, Rolex, Calypso, Lizzie, Jax, Sam, Sage, Lorenzo, Spitfire, Holly, Dylan, Leia, Punky, Kylie, Skylar, Jetta, Oreo, Emma, Forest, Georgie, Alexis, Picador and all the kits!
Pittie Mom to Kali and Orion
Rattie Mom to Drake and Dumbo
Bunny Mom to Dutchie
Plain ole Mom to Zach, Brandon and Connor!
Come visit us at
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-01-2004, 05:52 PM
Paw-Talk Therapist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chinchilla_Girl
Lucky would rather just play fetch with the kids...they throw his toys and he actually retrieves them! (He thinks he's a dog)
Wow that is so cool Mandie! I would love to see that!!! My kitties play fetch, but a rabbit playing fetch is just crazy!

Rats have rights...& mice too!
post #11 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-01-2004, 06:14 PM
Resident Aquarium Nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by veggiegirl
Wow that is so cool Mandie! I would love to see that!!! My kitties play fetch, but a rabbit playing fetch is just crazy!
Sake plays chase with my younger sliblings so I can believe this

~Stephanie

post #12 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-01-2004, 06:18 PM Thread Starter
Part of the Pack

that is so cute!

Thanks for all the ideas guys!
post #13 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-01-2004, 07:01 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

My 2 bunnies are not that keen on toys, they prefer to run around the garden, and when my hubby is in the garage they sit in there with him..
My 2 previous bunnies Dylan & Chloe used to play with plastic skittles (bowling pins), which my mum brought them when she was looking after them.. She said they looked bored, and needed something to play with.. Dylan used to love knocking them down after I had set them up.

Steph ~ Owned by 4 bunnies and 5 degus..

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble
attribute of man." Charles Darwin

post #14 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-01-2004, 07:09 PM
Fluffy Potatokisser

Bunny Bowling!! I've got some of those little plastic bowling pins....I bet the buns would have a blast with them! They even hollar and yell when they get knocked around...hmmm...I think we'll make that an OUT OF CAGE toy, otherwise, they'll drive me nuts!

Chin Mom to Lila, Skye, Ty, Rolex, Calypso, Lizzie, Jax, Sam, Sage, Lorenzo, Spitfire, Holly, Dylan, Leia, Punky, Kylie, Skylar, Jetta, Oreo, Emma, Forest, Georgie, Alexis, Picador and all the kits!
Pittie Mom to Kali and Orion
Rattie Mom to Drake and Dumbo
Bunny Mom to Dutchie
Plain ole Mom to Zach, Brandon and Connor!
Come visit us at
post #15 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-01-2004, 07:11 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chinchilla_Girl
Bunny Bowling!! I've got some of those little plastic bowling pins....I bet the buns would have a blast with them! They even hollar and yell when they get knocked around...hmmm...I think we'll make that an OUT OF CAGE toy, otherwise, they'll drive me nuts!

Steph ~ Owned by 4 bunnies and 5 degus..

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble
attribute of man." Charles Darwin

Tags
cardboard box, cardboard boxes, hind legs, litter box