Whose rabbits are they again? - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Rabbit Discussion All things floppy.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-20-2005, 05:52 PM Thread Starter

Whose rabbits are they again?

Today I almost had a heart attack! When I went to feed Charlie and Harry, Charlie was lying on her sides with her eyes have closed and her nose wasn't moving. Of course I call her name and she doesn't move, I had to poke her to make her get up, I thought she was dead!
When my dad came home I told him what had happened and he was like "I hope you didn't poke her too hard! I wouldn't went her to get hurt." I remember my dad saying he didn't want any pets in his house.
And yesterday Charlie jumped over her pen too so she had to be put in her cage for the day. As soon as my dad came home, he built a cover for her pen so she could be let out again.
And the cutest of all things is when my dad goes to pet Harry. He spends hours just rubbing his ears and scratching his forehead. It's so adorable to watch.
Now really, do these rabbits belong to me or him?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-20-2005, 06:58 PM

Aren't dads fun? Dad always complains about having to feed Charlotte and Valentina during the week... and how they jump up... and destroy things in the backyard and how much my mom complains about the plants being destroyed... things like that... now, I couple of times I've told him about giving them away and he tells me not to take desitions too fast and just doing it cause mom complains about the plants ("she has too many plants anyway") and just drop the subject of how annoying the dogs are. The other day he was telling me that if my sister moved to a house with a backyard (like they are planning to do) and they take Valentina with them, then we had to adopt another dog cause Charly would be lonely.... lol
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-20-2005, 07:02 PM
Tarzan Mama of Two

oh yeah dad's are always big toughies!!! NOT!!! My dad is the worst!! He claims that the animals are annoying etc. but then brings them presents when he comes. He gives Cindy all this attention saying 'do you miss your daddy' and if something is wrong, no matter how minor, they should see a vet immediately and he rings up every day to see how they are doing if one of them isn't well. But he doesn't 'like' them. No-one believes him anymore!!!

Too lazy to even think of a siggy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-20-2005, 09:59 PM Thread Starter

Exactly! Everytime my dad goes on business trips he has to bring back something for all of the pets. I wonder why they can't admit to loving animals? Hmm...
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-20-2005, 10:02 PM
Doomed to be Titleless Forever

Dads are such fun aren't they? A few days ago my dad bought blueberries, and I was like "since when do you eat those?" He told me "I thought your rats might like them" Or when he sees them fighting, he gets all worried that one of them will get hurt. He thought rats were icky, now he sits by their cage and watches them play.

Now, is it just me or are moms not as soft?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-21-2005, 08:17 AM

Aww Natalie that is so sweet..
When I got my first bunny Hazel, I took him home in a cardboard box, my dad went straight out to the garage and made him a hutch, which at the time was far too big for him, he eventually grew into it.. My dad made such a fuss over him and always made sure that in the winter there was a cover over the hutch to protect him from the cold.. When Hazel died 10 or so years later, my dad made him a coffin which we buried him in, its still in the garden of my mum and dads house..
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-21-2005, 08:59 AM

Awww.... what sweet stories. I know that around my house it was always my dad that was the softie as well. He had a hobby animal farm. We had birds of all sorts... as well as guinnea pigs, ferrets & rabbits, at one time or another.... lol!

Ahhh... the good days!

Sandra
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-28-2005, 03:09 PM
Paw-Talk Golden Member

Awwww don't you looooove that! It sounds like he loves them and they do back

*Brandy*

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

|
|
|

Tags
cardboard box