Wild Baby Bunnies - Page 2 - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Rabbit Discussion All things floppy.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #16 of 29 (permalink) Old 05-06-2006, 06:02 AM

all right i am sticking up for her........... SHE DID THE RIGHT THING, WHY WOULD GOD PUT PEOPLE ON EARTH TO SEE THINGS LIKE THIS WITH A LOVING HEART SO PLEASE DONT MAKE HER FEEL ANY WORSE.

Last edited by Felix the Kitty; 05-06-2006 at 06:04 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 29 (permalink) Old 05-06-2006, 06:23 AM

Even if she did right by saving them from the cat, if she hasn't taken them to a wildlife rehab. She is NOT doing the right thing.
post #18 of 29 (permalink) Old 05-06-2006, 08:21 AM

sorry but i agree with Ambieruns10

its a nice thought saving all the wild animals... but its wrong. its the natural way. preditors have to eat too (not necisarly your cat) but preditors in general.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #19 of 29 (permalink) Old 05-08-2006, 03:20 PM

you guys have NO faith, i havnt heard her say they have died yet, it has been at least a week and if she was doing it wrong theyd be dead........babys are sensitive after a week of being treated wrong....they would die and they havnt..........so go push your no faith openions down someone elses throat.........
post #20 of 29 (permalink) Old 05-08-2006, 04:39 PM

im not amused...
right she didnt say it died....
and she didnt say it lived! she did even say if she took it to a rehab center... and i correct..

there is no need for you to get agressive is there?
post #21 of 29 (permalink) Old 05-08-2006, 06:23 PM
Obsessed With Turtles

Stepping in as a mod here ...

I don't think anyone was trying to be hurtful or judgemental ... it isn't even a matter of faith. Someone asked for advice & advice was given. We may not always agree with each other & that is what makes us human- we are all entitled to our own opinions ... BUT we must remember that it is often hard to read the tone of a persons post when you can't hear the emotion behind it ... Personally I believe everyone was just trying to be helpful - not hurtful & look out for the best interest of the animal.

With that said- we need to remember that sometimes it is best to agree to disagree & walk away rather than stay & argue & add fuel to the fire.

I will let the discussion continue, but please from this point forward ... try to keep it civil
post #22 of 29 (permalink) Old 05-11-2006, 04:59 PM

sorry you guys i was having a bad day when i posted that, it is just that sometimes i have a really hard time excepting the fact that things happen and i sometimes do add fuel to the fire.......i apolagize........sorry.
post #23 of 29 (permalink) Old 05-12-2006, 05:41 PM

Im wondering what happend to these rabbits.
post #24 of 29 (permalink) Old 05-12-2006, 08:28 PM

me too.
update please!
post #25 of 29 (permalink) Old 05-12-2006, 09:05 PM

me too.........maby they DID die or she got to offended, i would have gotten offended, but i learned that life is life and we all DO have diffrent openions.........thanks you guys for not holing a grudge......
post #26 of 29 (permalink) Old 05-13-2006, 10:20 PM Thread Starter

The baby bunnies are fine. I took them to the DNR at the Indiana Dunes and they told me that they'd find a good home for them until they could be released. They're going to let me know when they're going to release them.
post #27 of 29 (permalink) Old 05-14-2006, 08:54 AM

great!!!
well done on your part for taking them
post #28 of 29 (permalink) Old 05-16-2006, 03:36 PM

Someone here mentioned something about the mother sensing human contact with the babies. I read that is incorrect. They are okay with that, it's just when the mother comes once or twice a day to feed the babies, if the babies are not there, she relates that to danger and doesn't come back. One should never ever disturb a bunny nest unless under the exception of the nest being in severe danger. If in danger, the nest should be moved to a safer location that is very near the original spot. The babies need their mother's and it is very hard for an inexperienced person to raise them.
post #29 of 29 (permalink) Old 05-16-2006, 08:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambieruns10
Unfortunatly that is the way life is. My mom has a field in her back yard and I see hawks, etc picking up baby rabbits all the time. Doesn't mean I go running out there and take them out of thier nest. I believe that you should just leave wild animals alone. Even if you think your doing something for the best, most of the time its not.

I hope that you did take them to a re-habilitator. I gave you a link to a list of ones in Indiana.
There's hardly a correlation between a wild animal that's part of the food chain and domesticated animals, such as dogs and cats destroying wildlife.
Also, I'm guessing her backyard is smaller, because it's fenced in. So I don't think she's going out through the woods and saving baby rabbits

Tags
alfalfa hay, baby bunnies, baby bunny, rabbit pellets, wild animal, wild animals