wooow!! my rabbits are...... - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Rabbit Discussion All things floppy.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-11-2008, 09:08 PM Thread Starter

Talking wooow!! my rabbits are......

ok i dont know if this is normal but i just got my rabbits a small stuffed kitty toy it has really soft fabric on it that looks like fur but the weird thing is that my rabbits are grooming it!!! see normally my rabbits just chew and eat everything i give them like i gave them a small tweety bird and the next day it had holes all over it and its hat was gone and then i gave them a big spongebob toy they couldent throw it off the couch so they got ontop of it and started to chew it all over and punching it and many crazy things, so basially everything i give them they chew and eat but this small kitty ( very small like the size of my hand) they are grooming just like they groom each other. could it be that they think thats its like a baby bunny or something?? i actually got it because my friends rabbit has a stuffed animal like it and it carries it everywhere it goes so i wanted my rabbit to do that, i guess its working
oh ya and if this can be harmful in anyway pls tell me
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-12-2008, 12:17 AM

lol! That is so cute! I think it's okay, because my friend's bunny does the same with a stuffed mechanical bunny we gave him as a joke "girlfriend" bunny. The toy makes little squeaking noises and hops across the floor if you press a button, and Arrow loves hump-hugging it and grooming it. I'd think that as long as your bunny isn't eating the fur, it would be okay.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-12-2008, 07:37 AM
Super Moderator

Aww that's cute. My Barnaby likes stuffed animals too, he carries them in his mouth and sleeps with them sometimes. Barnaby has a stuffed strawberry, and little purple bunny, and a stuffed carrot.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-12-2008, 10:34 AM

Aww that is adorable! I have to try giving my bunnies something like that! I have given them little cat balls and toys but they just play with them sometimes! They like to chase each other around the cage! They are fun to watch but I want them to have a little friend too!!

Thanks for sharing this adorable story!!!
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-12-2008, 10:36 PM
Part of the Pack

Ooooh! Carrying stuffies around. That must be so cute. I wish my buns would play with the things that I purchased. I was looking at easter bunnies tonight at the mall...the mechanical kind...there was one Molly would just love right now. The ears flap and the tail vibrates.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-13-2008, 06:16 PM
Can't Stop Touching Her Eyes

Teddy has a stuffed puppy that he grooms - and he does other unmentionable things to the poor puppy as well.
It is adorable when he grooms the puppy - but not when he does other things.

mommy to
Tyler - kitty
Oscar - water turtle
Bean - kitty
Frankie - dachshund
Belle - dachshund
Oliver - bunny
Ophelia - bunny
Penelope - bunny
Teddy - bunny -ok I have given up on 4 of a kind and am willing to settle for 2 pairs.
8 fishes - RIP Little Guy and Greta
and Tabatha - October 11, 2006 - rest in peace our sweet angel bunny
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-14-2008, 05:08 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kathydip View Post
Teddy has a stuffed puppy that he grooms - and he does other unmentionable things to the poor puppy as well.
It is adorable when he grooms the puppy - but not when he does other things.
looolz thats soo funny poor doggy. my rabbits dont do that yet i think their still young? does any1 know when rabbits start to mount things
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-14-2008, 09:23 PM
Part of the Pack

When they are around other buns it can be very early. Molly was 10 weeks and annoying Lucky to death...he is three. Let me tell you about mounting!!!!! Molly is between 6-7 months and she won't give it a rest. You can't even be near her and she is grazing on your ankles or anything else she can reach ready for mounting. Now I can see why so many people just dump off the poor bunnies at the shelters. Poor girl is so frustrated....she has a stuffed bunny I made for my daughter. She has an ear chewed off and an arm chewed off. It won't last many more washings. lol
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-14-2008, 11:01 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckybunny View Post
When they are around other buns it can be very early. Molly was 10 weeks and annoying Lucky to death...he is three. Let me tell you about mounting!!!!! Molly is between 6-7 months and she won't give it a rest. You can't even be near her and she is grazing on your ankles or anything else she can reach ready for mounting. Now I can see why so many people just dump off the poor bunnies at the shelters. Poor girl is so frustrated....she has a stuffed bunny I made for my daughter. She has an ear chewed off and an arm chewed off. It won't last many more washings. lol
loolz omg do all rabbits do that when they reach 6-7 monthes?? i hope mine dont thats crazy. is molly spayed?? i cant get my rabbits spayed atleast not now ill have to wait till i get my licenese which is not until 9 monthes and save money do u guys think my rabbits will be to old by then they'll almost be 2 yrs by that time their almost 5 monthes now is that bad!! but anyways i know this is probably very annoying to u when molly mounts everything but thats hilarouse i had old rabbits before but they never mounted me or anything else then each other( thank god lol)
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-15-2008, 09:27 AM
Part of the Pack

The mounting is kinda funny...but this week she has started spraying urine...mostly in her cage...but also when she out. This is what is bothering me now. We booked her spay on March 28...but we are not sure if they will do it because she was recently sick. She is getting cage protective and thumps and sprays if we reach in and she is in there. Now to work on her cage she has to be taken out of sight. She is more nippy and her behavior has really change that the kids are unsure of being around her. I hope her spay will be a go ahead. We got her for a companion for our other bunny but with her attitude and having to be separated because she was sick our plan backfired. We have two solitary bunnies now.

Tags
baby bunny, stuffed animal, stuffed animals