Would this stress out a rabbit? - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Rabbit Discussion All things floppy.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-03-2007, 10:08 PM Thread Starter

Would this stress out a rabbit?

Me and my friend both LOVE rabbits. We are both responsible and have done lots of reasearch on bunnies! Would it be too stressful for a rabbit to go back and forth houses? We live nearby, so we could visit the bun every few days. Know that if it might stress her/him out, we would not even consider it, but I just wanted to know.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-04-2007, 05:34 AM
Paw Talk's prodicle son .

In my opinion it would'nt stress out a rabbit to be carried from house to house in a basket , I often took the late Nash-eoke and his shop bought and now ageing sister Toky-Ohki from Barbara's to Grandpa Rex's just around the corner from where they were kept.

However a short distance nearby in the U.S is a lot longer than a short distance in the U.K , so I will leave it to you discretion.

Too keep =^-^= Nash-eoke and = ^ _ ^ = Toky-Ohki quiet we always used to put them on top of an office swivel chair, it was high enough off the ground to stop them jumping off , but the arm rests gave the rabbits them them feeling that they were contained in a burrow and secure so they eventualy settled down so far that even their noses failed to move almost in the land of nod.

=^o^= Schneeball on the other hand is a Chinchilla blue and thus his breed makes him bold and brave , so he did jump off every now and again.

My most recent Rabbit buck =^o^= Schneeball has been carried in a basket , hopped around the corner on a harness and has frequantly been carried in a basket behind my bicycle in a coolstop trailer.

So I dont suppose car travel will be much of a problem , it probably depends from rabbit to rabbit.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

* sings *

He's in the Jailhouse now , he's in the Jailhouse now , well I told him once or twice .

To stop chewing wood and Pooping nice , he's in the jailhouse now.

Last edited by Toky-Ohki; 09-04-2007 at 05:48 AM.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-04-2007, 06:44 AM
Adolescent Pup

I think that it will scare it a bit at first, but after a while they should get better at it. It really depends how often you will swap it round, I think for the first bit you should keep it at one of your houses for longer and then the other, then make the periods shorter.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Vixen

My Zoo!!!

Polo, Pepper, Solo, Bullet, Trigger, Bandit and Gem

About 50 of them

(rats) Ebony and Sotty
(Chickens) Persephone, Penny, Pandora and Pansy
Giant Afircan land snails
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-04-2007, 08:10 AM
RAT ADDICT

I know a few people with bunnies and they often take them out for "play dates" and they rabbits don't seem stressed at all.

* Lisa *

* To the world you are ONE person,but to a rat you are the world *

* It's a rat thing...you wouldn't understand! *
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-04-2007, 04:15 PM
Salamander Burgermuffin

We took our rabbit over to my boyfriends parents house a few times, he was really scared in the car, and it took him a bit to settle down, but the next morning he was happy to come say hello. If you can bring his own cage it might help alittle, also, try to discus with your friend where the little one will be kept, a quiet place away from too many strange noises might be nice the first night. and be sure they know what hes allowed to eat and not to eat. and keep him on the same food and everything.

My Furry Family
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-04-2007, 07:00 PM Thread Starter

Neighbors

Yeah, we live in the same neighborhood, easily biking distance
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-04-2007, 08:27 PM
Can't Stop Touching Her Eyes

I think it would depend on the bunny. After all people bunny sit at their own houses or guinea pig sit.
I would think that Ophelia would hate it but I think my Teddy would not care in the least. He would probably love having more places to explore.

mommy to
Tyler - kitty
Oscar - water turtle
Bean - kitty
Frankie - dachshund
Belle - dachshund
Oliver - bunny
Ophelia - bunny
Penelope - bunny
Teddy - bunny -ok I have given up on 4 of a kind and am willing to settle for 2 pairs.
8 fishes - RIP Little Guy and Greta
and Tabatha - October 11, 2006 - rest in peace our sweet angel bunny
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-05-2007, 07:21 PM
Super Moderator

Ohhh boy - Zeus is the ultimate traveling bunny! (and Barnaby now too I sapose!)

I take Zeus everywhere with me, and I travel a lot. I'm talking about 5 - 6 hour car rides sometimes because I live in MA while I'm in school and my boyfriend lives in NJ. I just don't trust anyone else I know to watch them for me, they won't get spoiled as much as their use too!

Zeus is used to traveling now and it doesn't seem to bother him at all. At first he got a little nervous but I think he's use to it now. I found that the most helpful thing is to have the cage set up for them before you get to where you're going, and right when you get there just let them relax for awhile. Don't bother them for awhile so they can get use to the new enviroment. Always make sure that they are eating and drinking and pooping normally afterwards as well.

Tags
guinea pig