Average pirce for RES in america? - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Reptile & Amphibian Discussion All reptilian and amphibian types welcome.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-11-2008, 08:57 AM Thread Starter
Newborn Pup

Average pirce for RES in america?

gonna go back to the states next summer and.. *sniff, sniff* i have to sell my beloved Red Eared Sliders, Rambo and Amazon. i have to buy new ones in America. i just love those precious little eyes when they look at me. and the tickle of their little claws on my hand(well, not amazon. that turtle is HUGE!)
*cries* i will miss my babies. god, i sound like a woman( no offense) so, does anyone know?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-17-2009, 08:42 PM
Playful Pup

My Red Eared Slider cost me $16-18 (cant quite remember). It varies from state to state. I've seen some at $20 and some at $15 it all depends on where you live and what store you go to but I would say on average $15-20. Hope I helped.

Proud owner and mother of 7 Dwarf Hammies, 2 Teddy Hammies, 14 Fancy Mice (+3 babies), 2 Rats (+13 babies), 1 Ferret, 1 Cockatial, 2 Parakeets, 2 Guinea Pigs, 1 Red Eared Slider, 7 Fish, 1 Green Anole, 3 Bearded Dragons, 1 Iguana, 1 Mali Uromasyx, 1 Brown Basilisk, 1 Taranchula, and 1 Cornsnake.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-18-2009, 11:16 AM
Betta Bomb

Hmmm... sell the ones you have to go buy more? Im sorry if i come as a ***** when i say how dumb that sounds to me but whatever. Is there any way you could bring the ones you have? I know in Newfoundland it is extremely hard to find a good forever home for RES turtles. I imgaine anywhere you look in classifieds you'll find someone getting rid of theirs if you wanted to look into saving one instead of supplying the pet trade by buying babies in America. Both of my turtles came from people who just didnt want to take care of them anymore so that's why i feel bitter on the subject, excuse me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-18-2009, 11:52 AM
Hello Earthling

I don't think you can bring certain animals into the States (and Canada) I think that's way he has to sell them.