how would you keep the pets in if the cage was flipped? - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Reptile & Amphibian Discussion All reptilian and amphibian types welcome.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-27-2011, 03:12 AM Thread Starter
Adolescent Pup

how would you keep the pets in if the cage was flipped?

if the cage was standing up tall ways and you had the screen cover on the front how would you open it to feed it, take it out ect?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-27-2011, 01:17 PM
Resident Aquarium Nerd

I had a screen top that was a sliding door and I've seen others where half the top opens. You could use cage clips but that seems like it would be a pain.

~Stephanie

"We weep for a bird's cry, but not for a fish's blood. Blessed are those with a voice."

post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-27-2011, 02:30 PM
Adolescent Pup

ive used 2 pieces of duct tape on the top like a hinge then when u close it just make sure the screen is hooked on properly at the botton..i also have a shorter tank so my side flipped tank rests up against it to ensure the lid doesn't come off. I also put some corrigated plastic along the inside bottom of the tank so it provides a barrier so the substrate doesn't fall out. Ill try to post some pics

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-27-2011, 02:44 PM Thread Starter
Adolescent Pup

and ur critter dont escape? :o

post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-27-2011, 02:55 PM
Adolescent Pup

the first pic isnt the best screen but u can see how I used the edge of a wall shelf propped up against it to hold it on. It's a pretty tight fit anyways. originally I taped the top with 2 pieces of duct tape like a hinge but it didn't need it. I am replacing the screen top soon it was just a quick setup tank to house my male.

the 2nd and 3 pics are my other tanks. You can see how the shortest tank is keeping the screen top on the taller tank next to it and because it's shorter it allows air flow.

(the 3 middle tanks house my babies and juvenilles)

the end tank holds my plated leaf chameleon.

the last pic is my adult females home. It is also flipped on its side and is pushed up against the wall. the tank is wider than the wall so there is lots of good air flow still (as with the other flipped tanks) You can also see the white piece of corrigated plastic i added on the bottom inside of the screen to provide a barrier for the substrate.

hope this helps
Attached Images
File Type: jpg miscss 130.jpg (74.6 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg miscss 131.jpg (74.3 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg miscss 132.jpg (73.4 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg miscss 133.jpg (66.0 KB, 4 views)

post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-27-2011, 07:49 PM
Paw-Talk Golden Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoJo1970 View Post
the first pic isnt the best screen but u can see how I used the edge of a wall shelf propped up against it to hold it on. It's a pretty tight fit anyways. originally I taped the top with 2 pieces of duct tape like a hinge but it didn't need it. I am replacing the screen top soon it was just a quick setup tank to house my male.

the 2nd and 3 pics are my other tanks. You can see how the shortest tank is keeping the screen top on the taller tank next to it and because it's shorter it allows air flow.

the last pic is my adult females home. It is also flipped on its side and is pushed up against the wall. the tank is wider than the wall so there is lots of good air flow still (as with the other flipped tanks) You can also see the white piece of corrigated plastic i added on the bottom inside of the screen to provide a barrier for the substrate.

hope this helps
thats a really neat idea i would of never thought of flipping the tank

~The purity of a person's heart can be quickly measured by how they regard animals ~

By Anonymous
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-27-2011, 10:03 PM Thread Starter
Adolescent Pup

Quote:

hope this helps

wow thanks!!
oh yeah i saw some of those tanks at petsmart(you prolly know which im talking about)
are they any good? or worth the money to get them? and woudl one be suitable for a crested gecko

post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-28-2011, 05:41 AM
Adolescent Pup

which tank are u talking about? the exo terras or the flipped aquariums?

The exo terra are nice to work with and attractive to look at. If u get an exc terra I'd suggest getting one that is 18x18x24high. Yes they are expensive but if u shop around u can usually get 'last years' theme for around $150 CAD. (each year exo terra brings out a new theme for their backgrounds in their tanks so some stores sell the old ones off, the tank is still the same)
All my tanks contain cresties but at various ages. the 18x18x24 would be a good investment because it would be suitable for a full grown crestie. Use flipped up tanks until your crestie is grown while saving up for the exo terra.
Here's a pic of my exo terra that I use for my leaf-tailed gecko (larger than my cresties)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 100_5719.jpg (65.9 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg 100_5720.jpg (75.2 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg DSC01954.jpg (83.4 KB, 4 views)

post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-28-2011, 05:53 AM Thread Starter
Adolescent Pup

Quote:
which tank are u talking about? the exo terras or the flipped aquariums?

The exo terra are nice to work with and attractive to look at. If u get an exc terra I'd suggest getting one that is 18x18x24high. Yes they are expensive but if u shop around u can usually get 'last years' theme for around $150 CAD. (each year exo terra brings out a new theme for their backgrounds in their tanks so some stores sell the old ones off, the tank is still the same)
All my tanks contain cresties but at various ages. the 18x18x24 would be a good investment because it would be suitable for a full grown crestie. Use flipped up tanks until your crestie is grown while saving up for the exo terra.
Here's a pic of my exo terra that I use for my leaf-tailed gecko (larger than my cresties)
wow thaht gecko is soo cool looking lol. the ones i saw at the petstore were 50 dollars and under and it didnt have 2 doors just one big one. the biggest one was 50 and it was prolly as big as that one you took a picture of. maybe smaller its hard to tell i didnt really look at them to good cuz my mom was rushing me to get out lol

post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-28-2011, 04:30 PM
Adolescent Pup

Thanks, all my geckos are special but I think Boo is wicked. She got her name from being so still in my hand once then all of a sudden she jumped onto my face! >It was like she was saying BOO!. I'm pretty sure she planned that and thought it was pretty funny lol

post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-28-2011, 05:16 PM Thread Starter
Adolescent Pup

Quote:
Thanks, all my geckos are special but I think Boo is wicked. She got her name from being so still in my hand once then all of a sudden she jumped onto my face! >It was like she was saying BOO!. I'm pretty sure she planned that and thought it was pretty funny lol

wow lol that would have scared me soo much i wouldve prolly screamed lmao