leopard geckos - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Reptile & Amphibian Discussion All reptilian and amphibian types welcome.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-04-2004, 12:04 PM Thread Starter

Question leopard geckos

my leopard gecko has been ready to shed for 5 days and still she hasnt shed what can i do to save her my last gecko had the same problem and after we helped her buy bathing her and pulling the dead skin off with a cotton bud she died please help
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-04-2004, 11:11 PM
Stinky Liverbrain

I'm not really an expert at this, since I've only have my leo for a bit more than a month, but I think I've read that giving her a bath and helping her with the dead skin is the right thing to do. Also, do you have a moist hide for her? Actually, in her cage, you should have 2 moist hides, 1 in the warm part and 1 in the cool part. And be sure to keep them moist all the time.. The rest of the cage should have low humidity. If you keep them like that, there is little chance that you get shedding trouble. Maybe someone else here can help you a bit more with it.

Dimaris

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-05-2004, 05:14 AM Thread Starter

thank you for your help. the problem is we have had geckos for 5 years and we have got everything that you mentioned but nothings working. we bathed our last lizardand she died unfortunately.i dont no what else to do
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-06-2004, 08:10 PM
Adolescent Pup

is you leo still havin trouble?

if so try this get a spray bottle with warm water and a few cotton swabs.
hold the leo in your hand n spray down with the warm water then let him/her sit for a few minutes. then use the qtips and gently remove the skin. i also have one other thing but i havent tried it yet but it should work.

2 rats: Noah & Winston
2 cats Princess, Boodah

Just a rat" brings out what's good in me and diverts my thoughts away from myself and the worries of the day. I hope that someday they can understand that it's not "just a rat", but the thing that gives me humanity and keeps me from being "just a man", because I am an animal lover So the next time you hear the phrase "just a rat", just smile -- because they "just don't understand."

Rest in Peace: Rascal (10/17/06) Tigger (2005)

"I have been frosted"

Tags
leopard gecko