My reptile family :D - Page 2 - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Reptile & Amphibian Discussion All reptilian and amphibian types welcome.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #16 of 62 (permalink) Old 03-18-2010, 09:26 PM Thread Starter
Rep Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadiancritter View Post
Not many people at pet stores know what they are talking about... only a rare few are actually knowledgeable.
sooo true. I even had one time where there were a few family's in the shop and i was telling info to one group and than after i was done they were walking around, and i over heard another family softly tell the family i talked to "dont lisen to her pet shop ppl dont know nothing about the care of a pet they just tell you so they can make a sale"

I did not say nothing but it did make me mad.... even tho i do know alot of pet shop ppl dont know what there talking about <_<.. its just so crazy now of days.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

LOVE Inuyasha and my Boy friend 4 LIFE
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 62 (permalink) Old 03-18-2010, 10:41 PM
RAT ADDICT

Ugh...MOST people in pet stores these days are really stupid! It is sad that a lot of people DO listen to what the pet store tells them...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jess View Post
Im vegetarian, so maybe I think its sadder than most people would LOL.
I am vegetarian too,but have nothing against meat or people who wanna eat it.Also not against feeding reptiles.Thats just MY opinion though.

Sorry off topic.

* Lisa *

* To the world you are ONE person,but to a rat you are the world *

* It's a rat thing...you wouldn't understand! *
post #18 of 62 (permalink) Old 03-19-2010, 09:32 AM Thread Starter
Rep Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanillaRat View Post
Ugh...MOST people in pet stores these days are really stupid! It is sad that a lot of people DO listen to what the pet store tells them...

I am vegetarian too,but have nothing against meat or people who wanna eat it.Also not against feeding reptiles.Thats just MY opinion though.

Sorry off topic.

its fine if you go off topic lol i dont mind at all

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #19 of 62 (permalink) Old 03-19-2010, 09:35 AM
Hello Earthling

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragunzGirl View Post
sooo true. I even had one time where there were a few family's in the shop and i was telling info to one group and than after i was done they were walking around, and i over heard another family softly tell the family i talked to "dont lisen to her pet shop ppl dont know nothing about the care of a pet they just tell you so they can make a sale"

I did not say nothing but it did make me mad.... even tho i do know alot of pet shop ppl dont know what there talking about <_<.. its just so crazy now of days.

98% of all animal crultey intendional or not is caused by misimformation and human stupitity.

post #20 of 62 (permalink) Old 03-19-2010, 10:47 AM
is a little "special"

Wow, a leucistic for $70?! Thats a bargin, LOL!
IMO its better if people raise their own live food, sine that way you know how it was treated and where it came from.
Do you breed the hissers for your beardies? I was thinking about breeding some for my little guy, since he has become pretty picky about his food. Ive always wanted some as pets anyway, LOL. And I would really like a leo gecko in the near future, so it would be nice if I could just breed my own food for them...
I know Dubia roaches are pretty popular too, but the wings creep me out.
Anyway, Im glad you know your stuff when it comes to reptiles. There are SO many stupid people out there that dont know anything, and the animals suffer... Like your poor little citrus baby! Hes super cute, BTW. I could look at beardies all day LOL. Im on vacation right now, and I miss my little guy!

"For the animal shall not be measured by man. In a world older than ours they move finished and complete, gifted with extensions of the senses we have lost or never attained, living by voices we shall never hear.They are not brethen, they are not underlings; they are other nations caught with ourselves in the net of life and time, fellow prisoners of the splendor and travail of the earth."
post #21 of 62 (permalink) Old 03-20-2010, 03:04 PM Thread Starter
Rep Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jess View Post
Wow, a leucistic for $70?! Thats a bargin, LOL!
IMO its better if people raise their own live food, sine that way you know how it was treated and where it came from.
Do you breed the hissers for your beardies? I was thinking about breeding some for my little guy, since he has become pretty picky about his food. Ive always wanted some as pets anyway, LOL. And I would really like a leo gecko in the near future, so it would be nice if I could just breed my own food for them...
I know Dubia roaches are pretty popular too, but the wings creep me out.
Anyway, Im glad you know your stuff when it comes to reptiles. There are SO many stupid people out there that dont know anything, and the animals suffer... Like your poor little citrus baby! Hes super cute, BTW. I could look at beardies all day LOL. Im on vacation right now, and I miss my little guy!

yep sure do i breed my hissers for my dragons and i use the baby hissers for the geckos some times. Also ya my leucistic was only 70 at the rep show. He was trying to sale them all that day. They were 200 but he had to put the price way down to get them all sold. I got him from Georgia Bearded Dragons. They were at the show.

Here is a few photos of my hissers

post #22 of 62 (permalink) Old 03-20-2010, 03:31 PM
is a little "special"

Nice!
So, I know they have harder shells then some of the other roaches... Do your dragons still do OK with them? What size do you feed them? Do they breed fast enough for you?
Sorry for hijacking your thread LOL!

"For the animal shall not be measured by man. In a world older than ours they move finished and complete, gifted with extensions of the senses we have lost or never attained, living by voices we shall never hear.They are not brethen, they are not underlings; they are other nations caught with ourselves in the net of life and time, fellow prisoners of the splendor and travail of the earth."
post #23 of 62 (permalink) Old 03-21-2010, 11:04 AM Thread Starter
Rep Lover

lol its fine we are still on topic i mean we are talking about feeding my reps lol.

Ok well i feed mid size ones to my dragons. If i get to many roaches i let some grow up to adults than sale them. I sold 5 pairs the other week. Now i got a ok number lol. If get to many again i let them grow and sale some of the adults again. I guess its how i make money back on them lol.

post #24 of 62 (permalink) Old 03-23-2010, 03:57 PM
Headlock

do u feed them zebra finches too?

No don't get yourself in situations,
Darling, that you can't handle.
post #25 of 62 (permalink) Old 03-24-2010, 10:41 AM Thread Starter
Rep Lover

no, i breed and sale my zebra finches. I got a white male and a gray female and they breed very good. They make nice babies.

I let them have a few clutches than i close the box and let them rest than i reopen it and let them do it again and they do good. I always give them a rest so they dont over breed.

also yes them roaches breed good and fast. I started with one pair 2 years ago. Now i got lots. Just keep the tank temp around 80F-82F and they should do there job.

Last edited by DragunzGirl; 03-24-2010 at 10:43 AM.
post #26 of 62 (permalink) Old 03-24-2010, 11:50 AM
RAT ADDICT

I always wanted pet roaches...but after dealing with stinky crickets,I am not sure I want roaches.I assume they smell too? At least in large numbers?

* Lisa *

post #27 of 62 (permalink) Old 03-24-2010, 01:53 PM
Hello Earthling

Quote:
I always wanted pet roaches...but after dealing with stinky crickets,I am not sure I want roaches.I assume they smell too? At least in large numbers?

You can't have roaches in Canada. Although people still have them....

post #28 of 62 (permalink) Old 03-24-2010, 02:53 PM
RAT ADDICT

Quote:
You can't have roaches in Canada. Although people still have them....
It is not enforced,same with giant millipedes.Your not supposed to have them here,but people do and I did.And I will have another when/if I find one.

There is a place here in Newfoundland with roaches,millipedes,centipedes,scorpions...etc,etc, etc.The name escapes me now...gaaahhh,thats going to drive me nuts.

Found it! It is called: Newfoundland Insectarium.
Was driving me nuts and so I looked it up!

* Lisa *

Last edited by VanillaRat; 03-24-2010 at 03:02 PM.
post #29 of 62 (permalink) Old 03-24-2010, 05:00 PM
Hello Earthling

Quote:
It is not enforced,same with giant millipedes.Your not supposed to have them here,but people do and I did.And I will have another when/if I find one.

There is a place here in Newfoundland with roaches,millipedes,centipedes,scorpions...etc,etc, etc.The name escapes me now...gaaahhh,thats going to drive me nuts.

Found it! It is called: Newfoundland Insectarium.
Was driving me nuts and so I looked it up!

True, as many people still have them. Its probably easy to obtain,breed,sell and keep them in smaller areas then it is in cities. Aswell I don't think the officals really do anything other than confiscate the animals (or bugs).

Oopss.... looks like we hijacked the thread sorry, but it give me the chance to use thing smilie

Last edited by canadiancritter; 03-24-2010 at 05:04 PM.
post #30 of 62 (permalink) Old 03-24-2010, 11:06 PM Thread Starter
Rep Lover

Talking

Quote:
True, as many people still have them. Its probably easy to obtain,breed,sell and keep them in smaller areas then it is in cities. Aswell I don't think the officals really do anything other than confiscate the animals (or bugs).

Oopss.... looks like we hijacked the thread sorry, but it give me the chance to use thing smilie

lol its fine really i do not mind lol

Quote:
any way they dont really smell unless you never clean there tank out. I clean mine maybe 2 times a month and thats it. I use ecko earth as the bedding. I know what you mean by crickets smelling soooo bad they do. And thats why i stopped trying to breed them :\ ... My roaches dont really smell and the tank is right in my bed room.