My reptile family :D - Page 4 - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Reptile & Amphibian Discussion All reptilian and amphibian types welcome.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #46 of 62 (permalink) Old 03-28-2010, 09:40 AM
Hello Earthling

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanillaRat View Post
Yeah,exactly...
When I had my female leo,after she would lay eggs she lost weight and the breeder told me a pinky mouse was okay sometimes to help her get her protein/nutrients back and gain weight and pinkies were $2.99! Thats ridiculous.I am not exactly sure the prices on their other feeders,but I am sure it too high.So thats one of the reasons I want to breed my own feeders.

Yeah you should definatly breed your own... $2.99 for a pinky?!?!?!?!?!?! I pay .60-.75

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #47 of 62 (permalink) Old 03-28-2010, 10:21 AM
RAT ADDICT

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadiancritter View Post
Yeah you should definatly breed your own... $2.99 for a pinky?!?!?!?!?!?! I pay .60-.75
WOW...huge difference!

I know Canadian Feeders had really cheap feeders,but I heard they changed owners and my friend was ordering from them and was less then impressed with the quality and service.She told me not to order from them again.I used to order my bugs from there.

* Lisa *

* To the world you are ONE person,but to a rat you are the world *

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

* It's a rat thing...you wouldn't understand! *
post #48 of 62 (permalink) Old 03-28-2010, 11:34 AM Thread Starter
Rep Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanillaRat View Post
Jess - I saw a video of rabbits being killed by CO2 and they did struggle but only for a second and then they were gone.That is more humane then bashing their heads in,in case they don't die right away...which I have heard horror stories!

Actually I have friends with reptiles who told me if I ever start breeding feeders,they would buy some off me.So I will only supply my friends probably.I also won't mass produce though,since I only want one or two snakes.

I would actually prefer that...I asked a friend if she could kill them for me,since she was used to doing it and she was fine with it.But she moved away.So unless I can get one of my other snake/reptile owning friends to do it,I will probably have to do it myself.

But I really much prefer to breed my own feeders,because the breeders would be treated and loved just as my own pets and that way I would know they were healthy.I don't trust pet stores.Also pet stores are expensive! A pinky MOUSE is $2.99! That is ridiculous!

WOW 2.99 a pinky.... here there only .99 ea and mice are 1.92ea and small rats are 4.27ea and it just goes up.

I would start doing the C02 mmmm But still is is safe to feed a rep the C02 killed mouse? Just want to know cause i mean the mouse breaths in that C02.

I feed my leo's pinky mice once a month.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

LOVE Inuyasha and my Boy friend 4 LIFE
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #49 of 62 (permalink) Old 03-28-2010, 12:46 PM
Hello Earthling

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragunzGirl View Post
WOW 2.99 a pinky.... here there only .99 ea and mice are 1.92ea and small rats are 4.27ea and it just goes up.

I would start doing the C02 mmmm But still is is safe to feed a rep the C02 killed mouse? Just want to know cause i mean the mouse breaths in that C02.

I feed my leo's pinky mice once a month.

Yes it is safe to feed a feeder killed with C2O to your reptile. The C2O does not gather and remain in the tissues of the animal. Millions of reptiles are fed C2O killed feeder with no problem.

Last edited by canadiancritter; 03-28-2010 at 12:56 PM.
post #50 of 62 (permalink) Old 03-28-2010, 01:03 PM
Hello Earthling

CO2 not C2O sorry just noticed I was making that mistake...

You want cardon DIoxide not monoxide

post #51 of 62 (permalink) Old 03-29-2010, 12:30 PM Thread Starter
Rep Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadiancritter View Post
Yes it is safe to feed a feeder killed with C2O to your reptile. The C2O does not gather and remain in the tissues of the animal. Millions of reptiles are fed C2O killed feeder with no problem.

SWEET. now i got to see how would i do it lol. I dont think i can go out and buy one of them gas chamber things for cheep any where lol.

post #52 of 62 (permalink) Old 03-29-2010, 12:54 PM
RAT ADDICT

Quote:
SWEET. now i got to see how would i do it lol. I dont think i can go out and buy one of them gas chamber things for cheep any where lol.
You can make them apparently.I will see if I can find the link I was reading about it.

* Lisa *

* To the world you are ONE person,but to a rat you are the world *

* It's a rat thing...you wouldn't understand! *
post #53 of 62 (permalink) Old 03-29-2010, 03:14 PM
Hello Earthling

Quote:

Storage container (anysize you prefer) with a few holes so that the air may be displaced by the CO2 without the box exploding. Them either take a critter keeper or something of the like with holes, put the dry ice in (careful) and let the chamber fill up a bit. Another way is to have the dry ice in another container and connected to the chamber by a tube.

post #54 of 62 (permalink) Old 03-29-2010, 07:45 PM
is a little "special"

I dont think you answered my question on how much you charge for your hissers. Just wondering. The reptile store here sells them for $3-$4 a piece.

Where would you get the dry ice to do something liek that? I dont think Ive seen it being sold anywhere before.

"For the animal shall not be measured by man. In a world older than ours they move finished and complete, gifted with extensions of the senses we have lost or never attained, living by voices we shall never hear.They are not brethen, they are not underlings; they are other nations caught with ourselves in the net of life and time, fellow prisoners of the splendor and travail of the earth."
post #55 of 62 (permalink) Old 03-29-2010, 09:11 PM
Hello Earthling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jess View Post
I dont think you answered my question on how much you charge for your hissers. Just wondering. The reptile store here sells them for $3-$4 a piece.

Where would you get the dry ice to do something liek that? I dont think Ive seen it being sold anywhere before.

Apparently Walmart, party and grocery stores sell it. You can also buy cans of CO2 at places that sell paintball stuff, and online.

post #56 of 62 (permalink) Old 03-29-2010, 10:24 PM
is a little "special"

Seriously? Walmart?! LMAO! Now excuse me while I add dry ice to my grocery list...

"For the animal shall not be measured by man. In a world older than ours they move finished and complete, gifted with extensions of the senses we have lost or never attained, living by voices we shall never hear.They are not brethen, they are not underlings; they are other nations caught with ourselves in the net of life and time, fellow prisoners of the splendor and travail of the earth."
post #57 of 62 (permalink) Old 03-30-2010, 12:08 AM Thread Starter
Rep Lover

Quote:

OH opes i did not see your question lol sorry

I sale a pair for only $5 as in a male and female or two males or two females. Any pair lol.

One of the pet shops near my city sales them for $25ea heh

Quote:
Apparently Walmart, party and grocery stores sell it. You can also buy cans of CO2 at places that sell paintball stuff, and online.
GOOD paintball stuff lol cause my boy friend used to play that and he got lots of friends that play that so that works GOOd for me

post #58 of 62 (permalink) Old 03-30-2010, 05:33 PM
is a little "special"

Thanks! Thats a good price!
Wow, $25 each? Oh my, LOL.

post #59 of 62 (permalink) Old 03-31-2010, 07:13 AM Thread Starter
Rep Lover

Quote:
Thanks! Thats a good price!
Wow, $25 each? Oh my, LOL.

well i get so many any way lol

so just let me know if you ever want any. I can even toss a few babies in for free, if i have any at the time lol.

I got to do a roach count soon any way so when i do that i'll count yup how many i can sale. I make sure i have enough adults left after i do a sale lol.

__________________________________________________ _________________________________--

also my female Dragon Chaos Laid 11 eggs on the 29th!!!! only 10 looked good.

post #60 of 62 (permalink) Old 04-01-2010, 06:07 PM
is a little "special"

Aww, congrats on your eggs! What morphs are you expecting the babies to be?