In or out? Just found inside - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Reptile & Amphibian Discussion All reptilian and amphibian types welcome.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-03-2004, 02:26 AM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Lifer

In or out? Just found inside

I just found this guy in my laundry room and am debating on what to do with him. It's about 40 out here and I don't know whether that's too cold or not for him. Any ideas? I'm ok with him in my laundry room but I worry about food for him.

He's in a plastic, party-type cup if that gives any size indication.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg anole.jpg (35.3 KB, 47 views)

Stephanie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-03-2004, 03:00 AM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Lifer

Obviously I'm not going to get a response at 3am, so for the night I have him in a 5 gallon aquarium. I grabbed some leaves from outside (still on the tree) and some grass and put it in one corner - he's hiding in those. I also have a shallow bowl of filtered water in there (didn't have any spring). Any suggestions are welcome! I'm fresh out of bugs, too.

I have no desire to keep a wild animal as a pet, I just don't want to kill him by putting him outside if it's too chilly right now. He was apparently inside for a reason ...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg anole2.jpg (45.9 KB, 31 views)

Stephanie

post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-03-2004, 03:35 AM

Aweee he's cute.... I don't know if he should stay in or out I know no help what so ever
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-03-2004, 04:42 AM

I think he came inside because he was cold. I will talk to Jr in the morning and get his opinion, he likes reptiles and things like that and knows quite a bit about them.
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-03-2004, 08:38 AM

Looks like an anole to me. I have no idea if he can tolerate the cold or not. WHere is Rav when we need him.
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-03-2004, 12:07 PM

He looks like an anole to me too. I don't know if you should put him outside. I hope someone has an answer!
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-03-2004, 12:09 PM
Miss New Booty

I was chatting with Steph when she found him and she goes "There's an anole in my laundry room" I was like "Hmm a WHAT?" I didn't know what it was.. lol!
That's what I thought Marie, he probably came in b/c he was cold.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jade
I'm fresh out of bugs, too.

Cute picture! Brad looked at it and thought of Where's Waldo? because he couldn't see him!!! I couldn't at first either! I guess that's what you would expect from us at 4 am! LMBO!

~* Jackie *~

post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-03-2004, 12:54 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Lifer

Hmm ... I posted on a reptile forum I found and the response was along the lines of 'that should be good until it warms up, just go get some crickets for a couple weeks.' I hadn't planned on keeping him through the winter! I emailed my vet to see if she knows anything about their normal wild winter habits.

Stephanie

post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-03-2004, 12:58 PM

I too think it's an anole...we have one that lives in the bushes out front. He comes out to say hello every now and then. (I think he ate my garden spider though) I'll ask Cesea about him when I get back to work...she's a reptile FREAK and the reason Dr. Lehr now sees reptiles too!
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-03-2004, 05:50 PM

I talked to Cesea who said they hybrinate in winter and you should let it go. It's not too cold yet for him
post #11 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-03-2004, 06:33 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Lifer

I got the same answer a couple times, he went outside at about 3pm. Thanks Mandie!

Stephanie

post #12 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-03-2004, 08:12 PM

He's a cute lil guy. What's the matter ... don't wanna be a reptile person, Steph? lol
post #13 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-03-2004, 08:56 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Lifer

Don't want to take a wild thing and entrap it, is all. I have no problem with reptiles at all, just don't have time to add another species.

Stephanie

post #14 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-03-2004, 09:15 PM

no, no ... you did the right thing!
post #15 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-31-2004, 05:19 PM
sn3

He's definately an anole - I had three. Do you have a heat lamp? Try putting him in a box or something with the lamp on top until you get an aquarium (if you want to keep him).

Tags
wild animal