Savannah Monitor Cage Help - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Reptile & Amphibian Discussion All reptilian and amphibian types welcome.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-03-2008, 11:28 PM Thread Starter

Question Savannah Monitor Cage Help

Alright so, I've had my Monitor for almost a year now, and we've had to upgrade the cage a good 4950729 times, but I always feel like there's nothing for him in the cage itself. Of course I have a little home for him to hide away in, a water dish, food dish, etc. A few little plants as well, but I feel like there should be more. I read somewhere that dog toys would work but somehow I highly doubt that'd be of interest for him. Does anyone have any ideas on any objects to help keep my monitor busy or at least create a better environment for him?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-15-2008, 08:07 PM

thats good enough, really. you should just play with him a lot. buy one of the special iguana leashes. should work for a monitor. maybe get a sanbox or something to play with him in. something natural for him, and not a million dollars FROM you.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-21-2008, 02:52 AM

monitors usually keep to themselves when their not being handled by you or being fed. their one excitement is usually being fed! lol. thats when they have fun. that and when you take him out. other than that their very happy to stay under their basking light nice and warm.

BTW what is his basking heat temp? Alot of people tend not to have it warm enough.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-21-2008, 05:41 AM
Hello Earthling

I personally like to go for the natural look, so I research where their from and their wild habitat and try to mimic that to an extent.

post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-21-2008, 10:11 AM

just find alot of random object (that is safe for moniter ofcourse) and put one in the cage, then taking it out the next day and replace with another. even if he dont play with it, its stil intressting to explore somthing new each day.

Tags
cage help, monitor, savannah monitor